Billy Graham, world-renowned preacher, evangelist, and author has delivered the Gospel message to more people face-to-face than anyone in history and has ministered on every continent of the world in more than 185 countries. Millions have read his inspirational classics, including Angels, Peace with God, The Holy Spirit, Hope for the Troubled Heart, How to Be Born Again, The Journey, Nearing Home, and The Reason For My Hope.
Hope For Each Day: Words of Wisdom and Faithby Billy Graham
In keeping with the spirit of Max Lucado's Grace for the Moment , Charles Swindoll's Wisdom for the Way , and John MacArthur's Truth for Today comes the latest edition into the Daily Inspirations series. In Hope for Each Day , Billy Graham offers spiritual comfort to guide us through our daily lives. Rev. Graham is a national treasure and has counseled numerous… See more details below
In keeping with the spirit of Max Lucado's Grace for the Moment , Charles Swindoll's Wisdom for the Way , and John MacArthur's Truth for Today comes the latest edition into the Daily Inspirations series. In Hope for Each Day , Billy Graham offers spiritual comfort to guide us through our daily lives. Rev. Graham is a national treasure and has counseled numerous political leaders and provided comfort in times of public crisis.
- Nelson, Thomas, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.54(w) x 6.34(h) x 1.32(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Read an Excerpt
Hope for Each DayWords of Wisdom and Faith
By Billy Graham
J. CountrymanCopyright © 2002 Billy Graham
All right reserved.
* * *
You cannot think your way to God, or use wisdom alone. You must use your heart.
In Tune with the Master
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.
* Out West an old sheepherder had a violin, but it was out of tune. He had no way of tuning it, so in desperation he wrote to one of the radio stations and asked them at a certain hour on a certain day to strike the tone "A." The officials of the station decided they would accommodate the old fellow, and on that particular day the true tone of "A" was broadcast. His fiddle was thus tuned, and once more his cabin echoed with joyful music.
When we live apart from God, our lives get out of tune-out of harmony with others and with God. But if we live in tune with the Master, we, too, will find ourselves surrounded by His beautiful music.
As this new year begin, ask God to help you tune your life every day to His Word, so you can bring harmony and joy to those around you.
The Sun Still Shining
They looked ... and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.
* Without the clouds we wouldn't be shielded from the burning sun. Without the clouds therewould be no lavish sunsets, no beneficial rain, no beautiful landscapes.
The same is true with life's clouds. When hard times come we easily get discouraged. But behind the clouds God is still present, and can even use them to water our souls with unexpected blessings. Longfellow once wrote: "Be still, sad heart, and cease Repining, behind the clouds is the sun still shining."
As God's people wandered in the wilderness, He declared, "Behold, I come to you in the thick cloud" (Exod. 19:9).
Each of us experiences clouds in life-sometimes slight, but sometimes dark and frightening. Whatever clouds you face today, ask Jesus, the light of the world, to helps look behind the cloud to see His glory and His plans for you.
A Spring for the Soul
With You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light.
* Sadly, many people get their happiness only from outward circumstances. As long as their lives are untroubled, they feel happy. But when illness strikes, or a relationship breaks down, or any of a thousand other unexpected troubles engulf them, then happiness flees.
Near my home is a spring that never varies its flow. Floods may rage, but its output doesn't increase. A long summer's drought may come, but it won't decrease. Its flow is steady, reliable, and unending.
Such is the peace we all yearn for-and such is the peace Jesus promises to all who trust in Him: "The water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. ... My peace I give to you" (John 4:14; 14:.27).
Have you come to that unending spring-which is Christ? Are you coming to Him each day?
The Promise Is Ours
I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
* When David Livingstone returned to his native Scotland after sixteen difficult years as a missionary and explorer in Africa, his body was emaciated by the ravages of some twenty-seven fevers that had coursed through his veins during the years of his service. His left arm hung useless at his side, the result of his being mangled by a lion.
Speaking to the students at Glasgow University, he said, "Shall I tell you what sustained me during the hardship and loneliness of my exile? It was Christ's promise, `Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"
That promise is ours as well. No matter what trials we face, Christ never leaves us. He is with us every step of the way! Keep that promise before you today-and always.
He Is Here to Help
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
* After His resurrection Jesus came to His disciples, meeting them between the garden with its empty tomb and the city with its mob still passionate with hate. He said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren" (Matt. 28:10).
In the midst of a world filled with danger, hatred, and war, the words of our Lord Jesus Christ are just as relevant as when He spoke them. He still says to all who love Him, "Do not be afraid."
He comes to you in the hospital room or in the midst of a family tragedy. He comes to you in the midst of an unexpected business reversal or physical crisis. And He says, "Don't be afraid. I'm alive, and I'm here to help you. The Cross shows the depth of My power. Nothing can ever separate you from Me!"
Excerpted from Hope for Each Day by Billy Graham Copyright © 2002 by Billy Graham
Excerpted by permission. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >