Horticulture: Principles and Practices / Edition 2by George Acquaah
Pub. Date: 08/28/2001
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Written from the point of view of the horticulturalist, this comprehensive introduction to horticulture as a science, art, and business explores the four general areas of horticultureornamental horticulture, fruit culture, vegetable culture, and landscape architectureand covers all the essential principles and practices of horticulture pertaining to indoor and outdoor production. The emphasis throughout is on the underlying scienceincluding current technologyand how it is applied in practical horticulture. This resource details the underlying science of horticulture, protecting horticultural plants, propagating horticultural plants, growing plants indoors and growing plants outdoors including ornamentals vegetables, fruits and nuts. For horticulture professionals and hobbyists.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.01(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.55(d)
Table of Contents
I. THE UNDERLYING SCIENCE.
2. Classifying and Naming Horticultural Products.
3. Plant Anatomy.
4. Plant Growth Environment.
5. Plant Physiology.
6. Plant Genetics and Improvement.
7. Post Harvest Handling and Marketing of Horticultural Products.
II. PROTECTING HORTICULTURAL PLANTS.
9. Principles and Methods of Disease and Pest Control.
III. PROPAGATING HORTICULTURAL PLANTS.
11. Asexual Propagation.
IV. GROWING PLANTS INDOORS.
13. Terrarium Culture.
14. Bonsai: The Art of Miniature Plant Culture.
15. Controlled-Environment Horticulture.
16. Growing Succulents.
V. GROWING PLANTS OUTDOORS: ORNAMENTALS.
18. Nursery Production and Installation of the Landscape.
19. Turf Production and Use.
21. Maintenance of the Landscape and Garden.
22. Cut and Dried Flowers: Production and Arranging.
VI. GROWING PLANTS OUTDOORS: VEGETABLES, FRUITS, AND NUTS.
24. Herb Gardening.
25. Organic Farming.
26. Management of Selected Fruit Trees and Small Fruits.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >