Hospitality Supervisor's Survival Kit / Edition 1by Cliff B. Goodwin, Alfred B. Squire III
Pub. Date: 05/20/2004
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This survival kit contains the tools needed to develop skills in human relations, labor and management relations, and customer service that are essential to effective customer and employee management and supervision. Contains sound principles and practical suggestions for resolving conflict, leading meetings, executing performance/b>/i>/b>… See more details below
This survival kit contains the tools needed to develop skills in human relations, labor and management relations, and customer service that are essential to effective customer and employee management and supervision. Contains sound principles and practical suggestions for resolving conflict, leading meetings, executing performance appraisals, imposing discipline, scheduling work, and adding value. For managers or directors of training and development in human relations and hospitality management.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Pearson Custom Library: Hospitality and Culinary Arts Series
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
I. BEING A SUCCESSFUL LEADER.
1. Being a Leader in the Hospitality Industry.
2. Guidelines for the New Supervisor.
II. CREATING A SUCCESSFUL TEAM.
3. Working With and Developing Your Team.
4. People: Your Key to Productivity and Profit.
5. Building Relationships.
6. Creating a Productive Working Climate.
7. Helping Your Staff Become a Team.
III. LEADING FOR PEAK PERFOMANCE.
8. Private Communications.
9. Solving Performance Problems.
10. Keeping Turnover From Being a Problem.
IV. GETTING THE BEST FROM YOUR TEAM.
11. Paying Your Team.
12. Delegation: Sharing the Workload.
13. Teaching Others What You Know.
14. Evaluating Performance: The Formal Appraisal.
V. INCREASING YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITIES.
15. A Positive Workplace Starts with You.
16. Organization and Planning.
17. Setting Priorities.
18. Being a Problem Solver.
19. Dealing with Change and Resistance to Change.
20. Change and Your Opportunities for Growth.
Appendix: Performance Mistakes to Avoid.
Appendix: Related Websites.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >