- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted August 26, 2013
This book was definitely a page turner. The plot was well defined and the story moved at a good pace without any lulls. I thouroughly enjoyed this book and have recommended it to others. Looking forward to more in this series!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted July 24, 2013
Loved reading this book. You actually got to know the characters in this story, and unpredictable this story was. Fast paced, modern with historical reference and somewhat believable. Will be looking for the second book.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted October 1, 2012
Absolutely enjoyed reading this book. Admittedly, I was a bit reluctant to depart from my usual list of go-to authors and read a first time author, but I was incredibly surprised by the content, characters and fast paced content of the book. From the moment I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I've never been much of a Sci-Fi follower, but this book opened my eyes to a whole new realm of reading material. I felt like I got to know the characters and hoped that in the end, good would once again conquer evil. The historical references were fantastic and the story line fairly believable - as if the 4 Hourseman could be living in todays modern world wreaking havoc on a global scale. Very impressed with the book and hoping that there is a follow-on book in the works. Love books where the characters continue on facing new adventures and adversity.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 25, 2012
I am not one to review items I purchase online, let alone the books I have read. However, upon reading Ken Smith's Host of the Armageddon I feel compelled to write a review.
In short, the book is a fast-paced adventure through the modern-day middle east infused with the fast-paced action and excitement of a Clive Cussler novel and the fantasy/mythology of movies like The Mummy. I have to say, this story would lend itself perfectly to a screen play some day....
- Not your ordinary action/fantasy novel. It takes place all over the middle east
- Main character is a woman
- Involves a unique and interesting concept and dark force - The four horsemen
- Lots of action, detail, and intelligence in Ken's writing
- The story line is not predictable - lots of plot twists and turns
- Pages fly by... you'll catch yourself staying up late to finish just one more chapter!
- Tends to be a bit too much detail in the first few chapters of the book at the expense of good dialogue
- One or two other nit picks I can't remember - not too many gripes
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY AND READ THIS BOOK:
- It is unlike other books of its genere
- The premise and concept is unigue, refreshing and different
- It's a fast-paced ride full of twists and turns that are not predictable
- Book two is in the works!