Diabetes affects more than sixteen million Americans. If you or someone you love is one of them, here's the handbook of up-to-date, essential information that can help change your lives. Dr. Seymour Alterman, one of the nation's leading endocrinologists, now offers a unique, comprehensive plan for living a comfortable, normal lifewithout making drastic changes in lifestyle. Written in layman's terms, this informative guide can help diabetics of all ages gain control of their health. In HOW TO CONTROL DIABETES you will learn:
- the causes of diabetes
- the differences between Type I and Type II diabetes
- how to reduce the risk of long-term complications
- the pros and cons of the insulin pump
- how diabetes can affect pregnancy
- how to eat properlyeven when dining out and traveling
- how to manage diabetes-related impotence
- how to reduce high cholesterol
- the benefits of exercise
- the latest advances toward a "cure"
and much more!