- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Maximize the amazing features packed into the latest release of Apple’s cutting-edge desktop operating system. With coverage of the iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, and Mac mini, How to Do Everything: ...
Maximize the amazing features packed into the latest release of Apple’s cutting-edge desktop operating system. With coverage of the iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, and Mac mini, How to Do Everything: Mac OS X Mountain Lion shows you how to set up and customize your machine for peak performance. Find out what’s new, such as Messages, the Notification Center, Reminders, and more. Networking, hardware, security, and troubleshooting are fully explained in this hands-on guide.
I: Get Started with Your Mac
1. Welcome to the World of Mac!
2. Getting to Know Your Mac
3. Cruisin': Navigating the Mac
4. Stylin' and Profilin'! Customizing Your Mac
5. Getting Started on the Internet
II: Making Your Mac Earn Its Keep
6. How to Use Your Mac’s Applications
7. I Work, You Work, We All Work with iWork
8. Start the Presses! Printing and Faxing Your Documents
9. Connected and Organized
III: Pictures, Music and Movies--Oh My!
10. The Quick and the Time: QuickTime
11. Say Cheese! Managing Your Pictures wth iPhoto
12. Well, Turn It Up, Man! Using iTunes and the iTunes Store
13. iLights! iCamera! iAction!: Using iMovie
IV: Time to Geek Out! Digging Deeper Into Your Mac
14. Making Sense of the System Preferences
15. Making Your Mac Play Pretty with Other Computers
16. Deeper Into the Internet Jungle with Safari
17. Mail Call!
V: Making Your Mac Even Better: Adding Windows and Hardware
18. ATTENTION! Welcome to Bootcamp, Private!
19. It's Alive! Adding Hardware to Your Mac(enstein)
VII: Let's Get Serious a Moment: Troubleshooting, Maintaining and Getting Further Help When You Need It
20. What the Heck Just Happened?!
21. Helpful Resources for Your Mac
VII: Change the Silicon Every Three Thousand Miles
22. Keeping the Engine Tuned
23. Getting Under the Hood
24. Back 'er Up: Using Time Machine