- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Add your creativity to the exceptional production capabilities of Adobe InDesign CS and you’ll get amazing results. Follow real-world examples to get started laying out professional-quality pages and printing with precision. Take advantage of the built-in support for publishing PDFs as eBooks, on the Web, and more. Learn all the latest features, including tables of contents, tables that flow from page to page, transparency, drag-and-drop color,...
Ships from: North Huntingdon, PA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from: Philadelphia, PA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Add your creativity to the exceptional production capabilities of Adobe InDesign CS and you’ll get amazing results. Follow real-world examples to get started laying out professional-quality pages and printing with precision. Take advantage of the built-in support for publishing PDFs as eBooks, on the Web, and more. Learn all the latest features, including tables of contents, tables that flow from page to page, transparency, drag-and-drop color, the powerful Swatches palette, and the revival of the built-in word processor Story Editor.
• Convert Quark, PageMaker, and other existing documents
• Customize your interface for efficient production
• Set type with greater precision using OpenType support
• Create print and PDF workflow output to the latest standards
• Properly plan for page size, column width, and paragraph design
• Work with color palettes, overprinting, spot color, duotones, CMYK, and much more
• Import documents, tables, graphics--virtually anything you can see on a screen, with full transparency available!
• Integrate tightly with other Adobe products
• Use with Mac OS X and Windows XP
• Prepare your documents with preflighting, separation previews, color paper, custom preview backgrounds, and more
• Learn printing solutions from practical examples
About the author: David Bergsland has been a designer and art director for the past 35 years, and has taught digital publishing since 1991. He has written six books on graphics topics.
|Ch. 1||Understand the InDesign interface||3|
|Ch. 2||Control the interface||39|
|Ch. 3||Open documents, old and new||67|
|Ch. 4||Customize the interface||89|
|Ch. 5||Set type professionally||115|
|Ch. 6||Edit type in your document||147|
|Ch. 7||Design your paragraphs||169|
|Ch. 8||Format your document using styles||187|
|Ch. 9||Add a table||211|
|Ch. 10||Produce graphics in or for your document||229|
|Ch. 11||Edit graphics in your document||253|
|Ch. 12||Import and export graphics||289|
|Ch. 13||Add color to your pages||311|
|Ch. 14||Control your color||347|
|Ch. 15||Add HTML, XML, and multimedia features||369|
|Ch. 16||Assemble your design||391|
|Ch. 17||Prepare your documents for production||411|
|Ch. 18||Produce your documents||433|
Posted February 11, 2004
How to Do Everything with Adobe InDesign CS serves as both a reference and step-by-step learning manual. Through numerous illustrations, it guides you through set up procedures, setting preferences and production shortcuts that are invaluable to the beginner and production users alike. Particularly valuable to seasoned InDesign users are the references to new features in the CS version. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning InDesign and to professionals that are upgrading to this new version of the software.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.