Now more than ever, it's critical for mental health professionals to find new ways to succeed in today's competitive marketplace. Written by health niche marketing specialists Linda Lawless and Jean Wright, this book provides step-by-step guidelines to get referrals by building and leveraging relationships with other professionals, community leaders, and the media.
You'll find out how to develop three primary skills that are essential to weaving a sustainable practice:
• How to interact with and relate to the local community and region. From setting up community forums to creating discussion groups, you'll discover new ways to gain clients in your area.
• How to work with managed care organizations and professional associations. Find out how to help your practice grow by taking advantage of the services provided by other professionals and organizations.
• How to network with the World Wide Web community. Learn which sites to visit and how to best reach potential clients.
Each chapter is organized to assist mental health professionals in developing a strategic marketing plan for getting referrals from:
• Religious Leaders
• Educators and the Educational Community
• Managed Care Organizations
• Mental Health and Complementary Healthcare Professions
• The Community
How to Get Referrals is an excellent guide for getting the referrals necessary for a successful practice. With its concrete, practical advice on building networks and securing client recommendations, this book is a must for any healthcare professional!