How to Make a Million Dollars an Hour: Why Hedge Funds Get Away with Siphoning Off America's Wealthby Les Leopold
Top hedge fund managers make more than Oprah, Rupert Murdoch, and A-Rod combined?but they aren't running news and entertainment empires or playing baseball for the New York Yankees. Aren't you curious about how these hedge fund dudes make so much doing who knows/b>/i>
How hedge funds make money by taking it from the rest of us, and how you can join them!
Top hedge fund managers make more than Oprah, Rupert Murdoch, and A-Rod combined?but they aren't running news and entertainment empires or playing baseball for the New York Yankees. Aren't you curious about how these hedge fund dudes make so much doing who knows what? You may even wonder if you can get there, too. After all, this is America!
This book gives you the answers in a twelve-step guide to accumulating vast riches the way hedge fund managers do?by playing trillion-dollar poker with a marked deck. Through each easy step, you'll learn the sleight of hand and disregard for basic morality you'll need to move from making tens of dollars an hour to millions an hour! Along the way, you'll also question whether these hedge fund moguls make markets work better?as they and their apologists insist?or cause instability, siphon off capital, and destroy value without adding so much as a single widget to the economy.
- Takes a fascinating tour of the wild side of fantasy finance to explain just how hedge fund managers make so much money, and whether or not the million-an-hour crowd produces anything positive for society and the economy
- Teaches you hedge fund secrets that make it possible to pull down astounding sums in the space of minutes?from rigging your bets to milking millions in special tax breaks?if you're willing to bankrupt your morality for the cash
- Counters many of the most common arguments about why speculating in financial markets is somehow "worth more" than creating entertainment, electronics, or consumer goods that consumers want
- Written by Les Leopold, the popular AlterNet writer and author of The Looting of America
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 1 MB
Meet the Author
LES LEOPOLD is the executive director of the Labor Institute and Public Health Institute in New York and one of the most popular writers for the progressive website AlterNet. He is also the author of The Looting of America: How Wall Street's Game of Fantasy Finance Destroyed Our Jobs, Pensions, and Prosperity, and What We Can Do about It.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews