Learn to navigate the stock footage industry and supplement your income with creativity!
This e-book contains basic tips, tricks, and hints on what to shoot and how to prepare your footage for submission to several of the more popular microstock footage agencies on the Internet. Video examples (via links in this Nook-friendly version), charts, and even sample financial data included!
Topics covered include:
- What is stock footage?
- Equipment needed
- Camera types and options
- Lights and tripod suggestions
- What to shoot
- What to be cautious of
- Basic clip preparation, including file types, codecs, file organization, and keywording
- Model and property releases
- Agencies to consider selling at, with sections discussing iStock, Revostock, Pond5, ShutterStock, Fotolia, and ClipCanvas
- Is being exclusive good for you?
- Clip pricing
- Dealing with rejections
- How to market yourself
- and more, including backup options and bookkeeping recommendations!
If you're thinking about getting into the stock footage business, or are a new producer struggling with technical issues while preparing your clips, this book will serve as a valuable resource.
Available for immediate purchase and download now for use on Nooks and the free Nook app on your Mac or PC, iPad, iPhone, and Android devices.
Written by James Orlowski, an accomplished videographer and producer with nearly 20 years of video production experience and the owner/operator of OrlowskiDesigns Royalty-Free HD Stock Footage. A graduate from Penn State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a Master's Degree in Multimedia from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA, he has years of experience shooting and selling footage on many of the major Internet-based microstock footage agencies.