How to Paint Living Portraits (PagePerfect NOOK Book)by Roberta Carter Clark
Since its original publication, this best-selling book has earned a loyal following among students of portraiture. Back in print by popular demand, How to Paint Living Portraits has been updated to help today's artists discover the joys of this time-honored tradition./i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Master artist Roberta Carter Clark shares secrets for infusing portraits with life.
Since its original publication, this best-selling book has earned a loyal following among students of portraiture. Back in print by popular demand, How to Paint Living Portraits has been updated to help today's artists discover the joys of this time-honored tradition. Hands-on instruction covers a range of ages and ethnicities, offering a practical approach to creating successful, spirited portraits in charcoal, oils and watercolor.
- Includes 23 exercises for capturing recognizable likenesses, feature by feature
- Offers instruction on painting the figure, hands and clothing
- Addresses common stumbling blocks of skin tones and hair colors
- Illustrates simple and complex lighting set-ups for achieving multiple moods and effects
- Features 5 step-by-step portrait demonstrations in charcoal, oil and watercolor
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 14 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Roberta Carter Clark has juried both state and national exhibitions and taught portrait and figure painting workshops across the U.S. Her paintings have received awards at national exhibitions, including The American Watercolor Society, Allied Artists, Midwest Watercolor Society and the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors, and her commissioned portraits are in the collections of hundreds private, corporate and public collections throughout the U.S. and England.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >