For all classroom teachers, special educators, administrators, and parents, here is a remarkable new resource packed with ready-to-use strategies, lessons, and activities for helping students with diverse learning styles, ability levels, skills, and behaviors in today's inclusive classroom.
Focusing on the "whole child" and a team approach that lets you guide a varied group of students toward academic as well as social and emotional success, the book shows you:
- How to reach all students through their multiple intelligences and learning styles.
- How to create and run a developmental classroom using portfolios, interest and instructional centers, thematic teacing units and more
- How to promot home/school communication and parent involvement with school outreach efforts
- How to manage behaviors and use positive discipline to reduce and prevent problems
- How to get students organized for learning success
- How to use specific programs and strategies to foster students' self-esteem
- How to reach all of your students with special needs
- How to use interventions and adaptations for accommodating special needs
- How to build positive relationships, social skills and conflict resolution skills
- How to team with other teachers to better meet your own and students' needs
- How to apply effective questioning techniques in the classroom
- How to hook reluctant readers/writers through the use of poetry, comic strips, and other motivational materials
- How to make oral language come alive using "Quick-Talks" and other techniques
- How to motivate kids to be successful mathematicians with creative strategies such as "Consumer Math Field Trip" and "Classroom Math Centers"
- How to rev up research skills with the "Mini-Research Project" and the "Learning Fair"
- How to get the most out of students through scientific investigation
- How to capitalize on music in the classroom through "Multicultural Music" and more
- How to reach students throughthe arts with drawing and other expressive forms
PLUS you get more than 100 full-page reproducible management tools, such as a "Parent Volunteer Assistance Form" ... "Portfolio Item Evaluation Form" ... "Mystery Story Planning Sheet" (for thematic unit "Mystery Around Us") ... Teacher Newsletters ... Letter to parents about missing homework ... "Behavior Improvement Form" ... sample School-Home Compact ... "Cereal Box Investigation" (reading/science) ... "Survival Math Packet" ... and "Science Project Information Sheet."
In short, How to Reach and Teach all Students in the Inclusive Classroom gives you all the necessary information and specific techniques you need to effectively integrate heterogeneous groups of students to ensure the success of each and every child in the classroom!