How to Read a Film / Edition 1by James Monaco, David Lindroth, Nick Drjuchin
Pub. Date: 12/28/2000
Publisher: Harbor Electronic Publishing
Imagine an entire film course -- the history of film, the origins of film technology, discussion of films, filmmakers, traditions and genres -- available all on one/span>/span>/span>… See more details below
Imagine an entire film course -- the history of film, the origins of film technology, discussion of films, filmmakers, traditions and genres -- available all on one DVDROM. That’s what you get with the multimedia edition of How To Read a Film. James Monaco’s book has been a favorite since 1977 -- a standard introduction to film for a generation of readers, viewers, filmmakers, and filmgoers. The DVD-ROM brings the book to life: you can read it, but it also talks to you, plays movie clips, shows you pictures and slide shows, guides you to other references, and lets you play filmmaker by making your own movie.
The disc is fully loaded with:
• Four complete books: the completely revised third edition of How To Read a Film, The Dictionary of New Media, Reading about Film, and Reading about New Media
• More than 130 film clips — Hollywood classics, cult landmarks, rare finds, famous sequences — over four hours of film!
• Audio author’s notes to give a new dimension to the text
• Audio interviews with Hollywood movers and shakers
• Animated interactive diagrams to make the technology understandable
• Film labs with a short movie shot especially for the disc — and users can edit the movie
• Virtual Reality tours of Hollywood studios, to take you where the action is
• A library of more than 140 reference texts, diagrams, charts, and databases
• Completely indexed — find references to any subject, person, theme, or film instantly
• Linked to the ReadFilm.com website — a forum for discussion, help, and updates
• Guided tours and multiple linking — easy for beginners, challenging for advanced usersAnd much, much more!
- Harbor Electronic Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.30(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Great for both beginners in film studies and anyone who wants to get a good overlook at the history, theory, and criticism of film. It's written very clearly, so it's not confusing or scattered at all. Each chapter tackles a different field in film, and seems long, but there are lots of pictures in between.