Henry W. Abts III holds a master's degree from the Stanford School of Business and is a licensed and registered investment adviser. He is cofounder and chairman of The Estate Plan, a company that creates and executes living trusts.
How to Settle Your Living Trust : How You Can Settle a Living Trust Swiftly, Easily, and Safelyby Henry W. Abts
Praise for Henry W. Abts III's Previous Book: "Unquestionably the layman's most nearly complete source on living trusts. . . . Recommended reading for anyone who wants to maximize his net estate left to heirs, speed asset distribution after death, avoid will challenges, minimize estate costs, and maintain privacy." Robert Bruss, Esq. Nationally/b>… See more details below
Praise for Henry W. Abts III's Previous Book: "Unquestionably the layman's most nearly complete source on living trusts. . . . Recommended reading for anyone who wants to maximize his net estate left to heirs, speed asset distribution after death, avoid will challenges, minimize estate costs, and maintain privacy." Robert Bruss, Esq. Nationally Syndicated Real Estate Columnist Chicago Tribune "Presents in clear, concise, and readable language what every person needs to know. I heartily recommend it as required reading for every caring husband, wife, parent-all those with an estate to pass along to heirs." Byron Countryman, Esq. Countryman and McDaniel Attorneys at Law, Los Angeles From bestselling author Henry W. Abts III comes this comprehensive guide to protecting your estate for your heirs. How to Settle Your Living Trust provides you with everything you need to know to distribute Trust assets, understand the legal and financial aspects of Trusts, properly handle asset valuation, get protection in special circumstances, avoid unnecessary taxes and legal fees, and more. Samples and explanations of all the necessary documentsdurable power of attorney for health care or general asset competency clause, living will, etc.are included, as are the "key" rules and methods for organizing all financial information. Sample (filled-in) IRS tax forms are included to show the reader how to satisfy the IRS Trust settlement requirements. A must-have guide and reference, this book brings you peace of mind if you are interested in ensuring that your estate is passed on promptly and correctly. How to Settle Your Living Trust offers pertinentadvice for surviving family members, as well as attorneys and accountants. It includes:
- Up-to-date information on recent tax changes affecting estate settlement
- In-depth discussion of the Roth IRA as an estate planning tool
- Estate settlement techniques for all estates, whether small, average, or large
- Estate settlement differences in separate property states and community property states
- Sound advice for surviving spouse and family members
- Special section on advanced settlement options for highly valued estates
- Up to 75 percent of your traditional IRA can be consumed by taxes if you die before all the funds are depleted?
- Distributions from a traditional IRA must begin at age 701/2?
- Estate settlement differs in separate property states and community property states?
- Allocation of Trust assets to the A, B, and/or C sub-trusts is critical when the first spouse dies?
- Most attorneys and accountants do not know how to properly settle an estate in a Living Trust?
- Special techniques are available that allow full stepped-up valuation on all Trust assets, even in separate property states?
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.21(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >