- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
For substitute teachers, virtually every day is the first day of school—new students, new room, new routines, and often a new school building as well. How to Succeed as a Substitute Teacher targets a special audience of educators who regularly walk into brand new classrooms and who must quickly establish a climate for student learning to deliver instruction that will meet established curriculum standards. Cicely Anne Rude focuses on providing short, clear, practical, well-organized, and top-notch guidance for the substitute teacher. The book covers:
• School and classroom procedures
• Teaching tips for before, during, and after class
• Eight key tips for classroom management
• "What Would You Do" practice scenarios with multiple solutions
• Professional topics (permits, pay, networking, and more) This guidebook is ideal for practitioners who take pride in being excellent substitute teachers and for educators who hire, train, and supervise them.