- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
How to Succeed in Commercial Real Estate is a comprehensive, practical book for those considering entering the field of commercial real estate, those just beginning in the business, as well as experienced brokers and sales managers who want to evaluate and strengthen their current strategies-especially those related to listings, negotiations, contracts, and sales.
The author provides a straightforward overview of the business of selling commercial property, including coverage of the four main specialty areas -retail, office, industrial, and investment-as well as crossovers and emerging specialties. Rather than pumping a "get rich quick" approach to selling, the author shows brokers that they don't have to sacrifice integrity and ethics to remain competitive and deal oriented.
The book includes detailed coverage of
· Choosing a company and a specialty that's a good fit for you.
· Sales strategies and sales points specific to commercial real estate, including practical suggestions for countering other brokers.
· The importance of focusing on exclusive listings, how to find and get the best prospects, and the most effective strategies for marketing the property.
· Standard parts and points of negotiation for contracts and forms, including earnest money agreements, leases, options, listings, counter offers, and fee schedules.
· Rent and how it is calculated and quoted, including triple net, modified net, gross, and full service leases.
· Technical knowledge including agency, law, appraisal, taxation, zoning, surveys, environmental investigations, investment analysis, risk comparison, exchanges, financing, and property management.
· The pros and cons of going independent and how to decide if it's the right move for you.
Written in an engaging, straight-talk style, the author shares a wealth of other practical knowledge reaped from 30 years in the business.
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 Integrity and Ethics
Chapter 3 Contracts
Chapter 4 Technical Knowledge
Chapter 5 Salesmanship
Chapter 6 Organization
Chapter 7 Getting Prospects
Chapter 8 Marketing
Chapter 9 The Deal
Chapter 10 Practical Knowledge
Chapter 11 Professionalism
Chapter 12 Organizations
Chapter 13 Striking Out on Your Own
Appendix A The National Association of Realtors® Code of Ethics and
Standards of Practice
Posted March 3, 2008
An excellent book superior to others that I've read on commercial real estate. A good book for the beginner or seasoned agent. It's given me plenty of tips on marketing my own commercial real estate.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 23, 2006
If you're looking for a no-nonsense guide to becoming a succesful broker of commercial or investment real estate, this book is very helpful. The author at times prefers flexing his impressive vocabulary to making a simple point, and there are a number of errors. But over all, it gets the job done.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.