Whether you're a first-timer, or a seasoned veteran out to achieve your personal best, running a marathon is an awe-inspiring goal. And, with the proper determination, training, and guidance, it's not out of your reach.
How to Train for and Run Your Best Marathon is National Class marathoner Gordon Bloch's effective step-by-step program for novices and experts alike. Bloch leads you through the tough weeks of training and coaches you along the 26.2 miles to the finish line and beyond. She also answers the most often asked preparation, race-day, and recovery questions:
- How do I set up an effective workout schedule?
- Is cross-training helpful?
- Do I need to have run 26.2 miles before I race it?
- Does "Carbo-loading" really work?
- How do I set a goaled time for my first marathon?
- How long should I lay off after running a marathon?
Written in a straightforward yet motivational tone, How to Train for and Run Your Best Marathon
is the best coach/training partner a runner could have.