Read an Excerpt
“Many are asking if our political discourse has gotten too heated. And those people should go to hell!”
Have you ever become so infuriated while arguing with a raving liberal moonbat that you’ve seriously considered “occupying” his mouth with your fist?
How many times have you listened to the delusional rantings of an obnoxious colleague, loudmouthed uncle, or neighborhood blowhard while fantasizing about delivering the verbal smackdown they so richly deserve?
Or perhaps you’ve already called Homeland Security to report your liberal opponent as an enemy combatant and volunteered your waterboarding services.
We’ve all been therebutting heads with some half-wit who refuses to submit to the inevitable wisdom of our political views. Whether you’re a conservative, Republican, Tea Partier, libertarian, independent, or someone who’s just tired of liberals and their idiocy, chances are those lefties have made you mad as hell, and since you picked up this book, you probably can’t take it anymore.
But if you’re like most people, your past attempts at butting heads with liberals have probably gone one of two ways: (1) you’ve tried reasoning with them, only to walk away with that throbbing pain that comes from banging your head against a wall of stupid; or (2) you’ve tried screaming at liberals, only to make yourself hoarse while they go about their business of picking your pocket and redistributing your wealth into the nearest compost pile.
Either way, who could blame you if you’ve decided that arguing with liberals is a hopeless cause? You probably figure it’s best to simply avoid them, just as you would a crazy person ranting on a street corner (because sometimes it’s better to leave Al Sharpton alone with his thoughts).
But unfortunately, that’s part of the problem with political discourse in America today. Too many reasonable people shy away from debate and let their more determined and vocal left-wing rivals spew their nonsense with impunity. Left unchallenged, it then spreads across the political landscape like herpes. Soon it’s everywhereflaring up at neighborhood barbecues, encroaching upon you at the office water cooler, or, when you’re least expecting it, creeping into your Facebook news feed.
By continuing to stay silent, you let them win. That’s why if you want to defeat the Left, you must confront your enemies wherever they lurk and be prepared to rip them a new reality.
We won’t lie to you. Beating liberals into submission is a tall order, especially in this political climate, where so many have insulated themselves in such airtight ideological cocoons that no inconvenient fact or droplet of common sense can penetrate it. It’s like the Fort Knox of willful ignorance.
So what’s an honest, liberal-loathing American to do?
The answer is to fight them with laughter. That’s where this book comes in handy. We’re not talking about turning political debate into a joke or making a mockery of serious issues. It’s about learning how to wield humor as a weapon, cultivate your sense of irony, and sharpen your arguments with witty retorts. It’s about learning to lighten things up as a way to maintain your own sanity and disarm your opponents.
Mark Twain once said, “The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.” It’s especially true in political debate. Just think of one of the most effective lines ever used in a presidential debate, when Ronald Reagan was asked during his 1984 face-off with Walter Mondale if his advanced age was a liability. “I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign,” Reagan said. “I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent’s youth and inexperience.”
In addition to helping you wage comedic warfare, this book also offers other handy tips that will help you outwit, out-mock, and outrage your liberal rivals. We will show you how to:
- Learn basic rules of engagement, including how to frame arguments to your advantage, point out hypocrisy, and properly ridicule your opponents when necessary.
- Throw winning comebacks at mindless Obama lovers, tax-and-spend ignoramuses, and other purveyors of liberal nonsense.
- Determine if you suffer from argumentile dysfunction and, if so, learn how to avoid deadly pitfalls, such as promoting conspiracy theories, using Nazi analogies, or making the mistake of arguing with idiots.
- Identify bullshit arguments, slice through Swiss-cheese logic, and expose fallacious reasoning.
- Survive family sparring matches, manage workplace squabbles, and even learn to cope if you’re sleeping with the enemy.
- Entertain your friends and terrify your enemies while arguing politics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Use liberals’ own words and deeds against them with the help of a handy guide to some of the most ridiculous, moronic, and laughable things today’s liberal icons have said and done.
- Should all else fail, hurl imaginative insults at your unmedicated, un-American opponents by selecting from a handy cheat sheet containing 125,000 winning putdowns.
Politics was never meant to be a spectator sport. Political debate is simply too important to be left to the so-called experts in Washington and the media, who invariably just screw it up for the rest of us. That’s why it falls on ordinary citizens like you to take the fight to the Left and defend America against all the godless, bongo-playing, gun-grabbing, tax-hiking, granny-euthanizing, park-occupying, shower-avoiding socialists and the ideals for which they stand.
If you don’t, the moonbats have already won.