How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer [NOOK Book]

Overview

Do you know why I pulled you over? That is the epitome of a rhetorical question, and an estimated 100,000 people hear those eight words every day in the United States for scoring a speeding ticket. Some of those tickets may be unwarranted, but only 5 percent of folks try to contest their ticket. The cost of hiring a lawyer and fighting a case seems unproportionate to the $300 ticket, so the other 95 percent accept defeat and grudgingly pay the fine to avoid being tied up those legal fees. Luckily, there is a way ...
See more details below
How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer

Available on NOOK devices and apps  
  • NOOK Devices
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK
  • NOOK HD/HD+ Tablet
  • NOOK
  • NOOK Color
  • NOOK Tablet
  • Tablet/Phone
  • NOOK for Windows 8 Tablet
  • NOOK for iOS
  • NOOK for Android
  • NOOK Kids for iPad
  • PC/Mac
  • NOOK for Windows 8
  • NOOK for PC
  • NOOK for Mac
  • NOOK for Web

Want a NOOK? Explore Now

NOOK Book (eBook)
$11.23
BN.com price

Overview

Do you know why I pulled you over? That is the epitome of a rhetorical question, and an estimated 100,000 people hear those eight words every day in the United States for scoring a speeding ticket. Some of those tickets may be unwarranted, but only 5 percent of folks try to contest their ticket. The cost of hiring a lawyer and fighting a case seems unproportionate to the $300 ticket, so the other 95 percent accept defeat and grudgingly pay the fine to avoid being tied up those legal fees. Luckily, there is a way you can successfully fight case in traffic court without dish- ing out the dough for an attorney. How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer breaks down the steps to take once you get a ticket. Learning the law is essential to know whether you can effectively fight your ticket, and this book breaks down and outlines the details of the law for each major type of moving violation, including speeding ticket, running a stop sign or traffic light, failure to yield, and many more. You will learn what happens once you receive these violations and which infractions you can fight without a lawyer in traffic court. You will learn which defenses absolutely will not work so you do not waste your time attempting to use them in court. You will learn how to collect your own evidence and effectively prepare for a trial. Winning your trial is not a promise of the book, but you will be able to give it an impressive shot by learning exactly how each traffic court case is handled and what you can expect when you take your particular case to court. There is an essential differ- ence between jury- and judge-only trials, and you will learn how to prepare for each of them, as well as how to tweak your case to match any of the 50 states in which you live. If you have received an unfair traffic violation, How to Win Your Case in Traffic Court Without a Lawyer will help you do just that. When you choose to fight, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Read More Show Less

Product Details

  • BN ID: 2940014634199
  • Publisher: Atlantic Publishing Group, Inc.
  • Publication date: 6/26/2012
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Pages: 288
  • Sales rank: 1,142,595
  • File size: 2 MB

Customer Reviews

Average Rating 4
( 2 )
Rating Distribution

5 Star

(1)

4 Star

(0)

3 Star

(1)

2 Star

(0)

1 Star

(0)

Your Rating:

Your Name: Create a Pen Name or

Barnes & Noble.com Review Rules

Our reader reviews allow you to share your comments on titles you liked, or didn't, with others. By submitting an online review, you are representing to Barnes & Noble.com that all information contained in your review is original and accurate in all respects, and that the submission of such content by you and the posting of such content by Barnes & Noble.com does not and will not violate the rights of any third party. Please follow the rules below to help ensure that your review can be posted.

Reviews by Our Customers Under the Age of 13

We highly value and respect everyone's opinion concerning the titles we offer. However, we cannot allow persons under the age of 13 to have accounts at BN.com or to post customer reviews. Please see our Terms of Use for more details.

What to exclude from your review:

Please do not write about reviews, commentary, or information posted on the product page. If you see any errors in the information on the product page, please send us an email.

Reviews should not contain any of the following:

  • - HTML tags, profanity, obscenities, vulgarities, or comments that defame anyone
  • - Time-sensitive information such as tour dates, signings, lectures, etc.
  • - Single-word reviews. Other people will read your review to discover why you liked or didn't like the title. Be descriptive.
  • - Comments focusing on the author or that may ruin the ending for others
  • - Phone numbers, addresses, URLs
  • - Pricing and availability information or alternative ordering information
  • - Advertisements or commercial solicitation

Reminder:

  • - By submitting a review, you grant to Barnes & Noble.com and its sublicensees the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use the review in accordance with the Barnes & Noble.com Terms of Use.
  • - Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right not to post any review -- particularly those that do not follow the terms and conditions of these Rules. Barnes & Noble.com also reserves the right to remove any review at any time without notice.
  • - See Terms of Use for other conditions and disclaimers.
Search for Products You'd Like to Recommend

Recommend other products that relate to your review. Just search for them below and share!

Create a Pen Name

Your Pen Name is your unique identity on BN.com. It will appear on the reviews you write and other website activities. Your Pen Name cannot be edited, changed or deleted once submitted.

 
Your Pen Name can be any combination of alphanumeric characters (plus - and _), and must be at least two characters long.

Continue Anonymously
Sort by: Showing all of 2 Customer Reviews
  • Posted July 27, 2012

    “How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer&rd

    “How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer” by Janet Traken is a reference book on how to fight traffic citations in court and win your case. A freelance writer who is not a lawyer wrote this book, but she has done a competent job preparing a reference guide that will allow most people who are cited by law enforcement for traffic violations to successfully represent themselves in court. Traken’s book takes you from the moment the citation is issued through court procedures and eventual trial before either a judge or a jury. The book coaches the reader through the gathering and analysis of evidence in the case and how to address the judge and the prosecutor during court proceedings. The book is written using generalities instead of specific because traffic laws and court proceedings are different from state to state and in some cases from jurisdiction to jurisdiction within states. “How to Win Your Case In Traffic Court Without a Lawyer” is a good starting place for persons determined to fight their citations without the use of legal presentation.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted August 4, 2012

    I am a law school student and I have to say How to WIN Your Case

    I am a law school student and I have to say How to WIN Your Case in Traffic Court Without a Lawyer by: Janet Traken is an informative book and is very well organized. Mrs. Traken spends a good part of just trying to make the reader familiar with how the legal system works at the informal traffic court level. I believe this a very good thing to do because most people feel nervous and apprehensive about being in front of a judge and therefore are more likely to make mistakes. By familiarizing the reader with the process they not only become more aware of their rights but significantly more comfortable exercising them.
    How to Win Your Case in Traffic Court spends a considerable time discussing the various methods police use to catch speeders although I am not sure how many of them are still used. I believe all of the police in my state almost exclusively use radar or lidar and do not use techniques like pacing or estimated guessing. Readers should know this book does not actually discuss case law to be used in your defense but lays out the methods for someone who has not had legal training.
    Overall, the book serves its purpose very well and includes all of the details to make someone comfortable exercising their legal rights in court.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
Sort by: Showing all of 2 Customer Reviews

If you find inappropriate content, please report it to Barnes & Noble
Why is this product inappropriate?
Comments (optional)