- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Refreshed and Revised:
Preface to the Second Edition.
About the Author.
Introduction: Why You Should Read This Book.
PART 1: MOTIVATING YOUR AUDIENCE.
1. Why People Respond to Fundraising Letters.
2. How a Fundraising Letter Is Like a Personal Visit.
3. What Donors Really Think About Fundraising Letters.
4. Characteristics of an Effective Fundraising Letter.
5. A Leisurely Tour Through One Successful Appeal.
PART 2: THE LETTER WRITER’S PLAN OF ACTION.
6. What to Do Before You Write Any Fundraising Letter.
7. Eight Steps Toward Successful Fundraising Letters.
8. The Cardinal Rules of Fundraising Letters.
9. You’re Writing for Results-Not for a Pulitzer Prize.
PART 3: CUSTOMIZING YOUR APPEAL.
10. Recruiting New Donors: Starting Intimate Conversations with Strangers.
11. Welcoming New Donors: Treating People Like Part of the Family.
12. Appealing for Special Gifts: Bringing Your Case Down to Earth.
13. Asking for Year-End Contributions: Making the Most of the Holiday Spirit.
14. Recruiting Monthly Sustainers: Offering Small Donors a Chance for Greater Impact.
15. Soliciting High-Dollar Gifts: Framing the Case for Major Contributions.
16. Going for Bigger Gifts: Persuading Donors to Make an Extra Commitment.
17. Seeking Annual Gifts: Building Long-Term Loyalty, One Year at a Time.
18. Thanking Your Donors: Friend-Raising Before Fundraising.
19. Promoting Legacy Gifts: Seeking the Ultimate Commitment.
PART 4: USING E-MAIL AND THE INTERNET.
20. Writing Online Appeals: Harnessing the Power of the Internet.
PART 5: THE LETTER WRITER’S TOOLBOX.
A. Sixty Successful Outer-Envelope Teasers.
B. Fifty-Four Strong Leads for Fundraising Letters.
C. Ninety Ways to Use the Word "You" in a Fundraising Letter.
D. Sixty-Three Ways to Handle Awkward Copywriting Transitions.
E. Forty-One Powerful Ways to End a Fundraising Letter.
F. Fifty-Eight Ways to Start a P.S. in a Fundraising Letter.
G. Fifteen Ways How Not to Get Results.
H. Books and Other Resources to Help You Write Successful Fundraising Letters.
How to Use the CD-ROM.