Human Anatomy and Physiology / Edition 8by Elaine N. Marieb, Katja Hoehn
Pub. Date: 03/04/2009
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings
Elaine Marieb once again brings her dedicated attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality to the Sixth Edition of her best-selling Human Anatomy and Physiology textbook. Each page of this new edition has been carefully reviewed and edited to give readers the most clear and concise explanations of difficult topics. The enhanced art program helps even the least-prepared readers understand key concepts, and the restructured and expanded media package offers readers convenient access to more animations, tutorials, and online resources than ever before. Cutting-edge research areas such as DNA fingerprinting and stem cell research have been added. For college instructors, students, and readers interested in human anatomy and physiology.
- Benjamin Cummings
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.30(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of Contents1. The Human Body: An Orientation.
2. Chemistry Comes Alive.
3. Cells: The Living Units.
4. Tissue: The Living Fabric.
5. The Integumentary System.
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues.
7. The Skeleton.
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue.
10. The Muscular System.
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue.
12. The Central Nervous System.
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity.
14. The Autonomic Nervous System.
15. The Special Senses.
16. The Endocrine System.
18. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart.
19. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels.
20. The Lymphatic System.
21. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defensives.
22. The Respiratory System.
23. The Digestive System.
24. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation.
25. The Urinary System.
26. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
27. The Reproductive System.
28. Pregnancy and Human Development.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This text book was easy to understand and full of illustrations.