Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues / Edition 4by Michael D. Johnson
Pub. Date: 02/06/2007
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings
Taking advantage of non-scientists' natural curiosity about how the human body works, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues sparks readers' interest in science and encourages active learning. Writing specifically for the non-majors human biology course, author Michael D. Johnson seeks to make readers better consumers of health and science information. Instead of presenting facts to memorize, the magazine-style design and inspired narrative give readers a truly engaging learning tool. Extensive new material on DNA technology, genetic engineering, and environmental issues. For anyone interested in human biology.
Table of Contents
2. The Chemistry of Living Things.
3. Structure and Function of Cells.
4. From Cells to Organ Systems.
5. The Skeletal System.
6. The Muscular System.
8. Heart and Blood Vessels.
9. The Immune System and Mechanisms of Defense.
10. The Respiratory System: Exchange of Gases.
11. The Nervous System-Integration and Control.
12. Sensory Mechanisms.
13. The Endocrine System.
14. The Digestive System and Nutrition.
15. The Urinary System.
16. Reproductive Systems.
17. Cell Reproduction and Differentiation.
18. Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division and Differentiation.
19. Genetics and Inheritance.
20. DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering.
21. Development and Aging.
22. Evolution and the Origins of Life.
23. Ecosystems and Populations.
24. Human Impacts, Biodiversity, and Environmental Issues.
Answers To Test Yourself Questions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews