Section 1: Introduction
1. Why Study Human Evolutionary Genetics?
Section 2: How do we study Genome Diversity?
2. Structure, Function and Inheritance of the Human Genome
3. The Diversity of the Human Genome
4. Discovering and Assaying Genome Diversity
Section 3: How do we Interpret Genetic Variation?
5. Processes Shaping Diversity
6. Making Inferences from Diversity
Section 4: Where and When did Humans Originate?
7. Human Apes
8. Origins of Modern Humans
Section 5: How did Humans Colonize the World?
9. The Distribution of Diversity - Out of Africa and into Asia, Australia and Europe
10. Agricultural Expansions
11. Into New Found Lands
12. What Happens When Populations Meet?
Section 6: What use is an Evolutionary Perspective?
13. Understanding the Past and Future of Phenotypic Variation
14. Health Implications of Our Evolutionary Heritage
15. Identity and Identification