Human Genetics: A Problem-Based Approach / Edition 3by Bruce R. Korf
Pub. Date: 12/05/2006
Human Genetics and Genomics, Third Edition, is the new rendition of the classic textbook Human Genetics: A Problem-Based Approach. Thoroughly updated and restructured, this brand new edition uses both a classic didactic approach to teach basic genetic concepts and a problem-based approach to demonstrate the clinical applications of genetics in medical practice. By combining both these approaches, Human Genetics and Genomics is suitable both as a textbook for genetics courses, and as a bridge into the clinical environment.
The third edition features greater emphasis on cutting edge technologies and the latest genetic issues, and a vast array of new pedagogy, such as:
- Clinical snapshots covering major genetic disorders
- Ethical Implications boxes discussing related ethical issues
- Key summary points at the beginning of each chapter and Q&As at the end of each chapter for self-assessment
- Hot topics covering new and emerging areas in genetics
- Recommended reading for each chapter
- A companion website at www.blackwellpublishing.com/korfgenetics
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.65(d)
Table of Contents
1. Inborn Errors of Metabolism;.
2. Structural Gene Mutations;.
3. The Human Genome;.
4. X-Linked Genetic Transmission;.
5. Chromosomes and Chromosomal Abnormalities;.
6. Multifactorial Inheritance;.
7. Mitochondrial Inheritance;.
8. Cancer Genetics;.
9. Developmental Genetics;.
10. Population Genetics;.
Answers to Review Questions;.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >