Human Resource Management / Edition 9by Gary Dessler
Pub. Date: 02/28/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This highly-readable, #1 best-selling HRM book on the market, provides a comprehensive review of personnel management concepts and practices. It focuses on the high-performance organizationbuilding better, faster, more competitive organizations through HR; while continuing to offer practical applications that help all managers deal with their personnel-related responsibilities. A six-part presentation covers the strategic role of human resources, recruitment and placement, training and development, compensation, labor relations and employee security, and international HRM. For human resource personnelespecially managers.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.56(w) x 8.82(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of Contents
2. Equal Opportunity and the Law.
II. RECRUITMENT AND PLACEMENT.
4. Personnel Planning and Recruiting.
5. Employee Testing and Selection.
6. Interviewing Candidates.
III. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT.
8. Managing Strategic Organizational Renewal.
9. Appraising and Managing Performance.
10. Managing Careers and Fair Treatment.
12. Pay-for-Performance and Financial Incentives.
13. Benefits and Services.
V. LABOR RELATIONS AND EMPLOYEE SECURITY.
15. Employee Safety and Health.
VI. INTERNATIONAL HRM.
Name and Organization Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >