Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations / Edition 2by Joan E. Pynes
Pub. Date: 07/28/2004
In this thoroughly revised and updated second edition of Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, Joan E. Pynesa respected authority in public administrationdemonstrates how strategic human resources management is essential for proactively managing
Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, Second Edition
In this thoroughly revised and updated second edition of Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, Joan E. Pynesa respected authority in public administrationdemonstrates how strategic human resources management is essential for proactively managing change in an environment of tighter budgets, competition from private organizations, the need to maintain and train a more diverse workforce, and job obsolescence brought about by shifts in technology. Complete with a free online instructor’s manual, this new edition offers current compensation and budgetary guidance and helps practitioners navigate the newest legal and technological challenges and opportunities in human resources management.
A comprehensive resource, Human Resources Management for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, Second Edition:
- Discusses strategic human management and information technology
- Presents the legal environment of equal employment opportunity
- Shows how to value and manage diversity and volunteerism
- Explains the importance of job analysis before executing policies for developing job descriptions, performance appraisal instruments, training and development programs, and recruitment and selection criteria
- Discusses recruitment and selection techniques such as drug testing, physical ability tests, psychological examinations, and others
- Identifies the internal and external factors that influence compensation policies and practices
- Contains illustrative examples of job evaluation systems, nontraditional pay systems, and employer-provided benefits and pensions
- Explores how to develop training objectives, curriculum, and evaluation
- Discusses collective bargaining and the legal environment of labor-management relations for all sectors
This important book will help in the shaping, implementation, and understanding of human resources policies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
Tables, Figures, and Exhibits.
Part One: Human Resources Management in Context.
1 Human Resources Management in a Dynamic Environment.
2 Strategic Human Resources Management and Planning.
3 Strategic Human Resources Management and Technology.
4 Equal Employment Opportunity.
5 Valuing a Diverse Workforce.
6 Volunteers in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors.
Part Two: Methods and Functions of Human Resources Management.
7 Job Analysis.
8 Recruitment and Selection.
9 Performance Management.
12 Training and Development.
13 Collective Bargaining in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors.
Conclusion: Challenges for Public and Nonprofit Organizations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >