Hurst Reviews NCLEX-PN Review / Edition 1by Marlene Hurst
Pub. Date: 01/04/2008
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Ace the NCLEX-PN-with the help of nursing review pioneer Marlene Hurst! Use Marlene's unique no cram, pass with what you already know system and slash your study time in half Based on Marlene Hurst's phenomenally popular nursing seminars that train over 30,000 students annually, this innovative review is loaded with the author's time-tested strategies-all designed
Ace the NCLEX-PN-with the help of nursing review pioneer Marlene Hurst! Use Marlene's unique no cram, pass with what you already know system and slash your study time in half Based on Marlene Hurst's phenomenally popular nursing seminars that train over 30,000 students annually, this innovative review is loaded with the author's time-tested strategies-all designed to help you pass the NCLEX certification and course exams the first time around! NCLEX-PN Review breaks the mold of other review books by explaining how to apply critical thinking and test-taking skills, rather than how to re-learn course content. Marlene shows you how to effectively work with the think-on-your-feet philosophy of the NCLEX-PN, not against it. Features: A complete NCLEX-PN toolkit-from the world's most sought-after speaker on passing the NCLEX Over 1,000 skill-building NCLEX-style questions, complete with answers and rationales Full of concise, easy-to-remember strategies that cut study time in half! An eye-catching four-color format Marlene Moments-Marlene's humorous anecdotes of common student mistakes that offer a light-hearted look at how new nurses learn to succeed What the NCLEX Lady Thinks-valuable tips that reveal the motivation behind certain types of NCLEX questions and how to adjust your strategy accordingly Chapter-ending NCLEX practice questions that solidify important information and show you how it will be tested on the NCLEX examination Companion CD-ROM with 300 additional NCLEX-style questions, plus downloadable MP3 audio tips form Marlene Hurst's award-winning NCLEX reviews
Table of Contents
Hurst Reviews: NCLEX PN Review
Everything you ever needed to know about NCLEX-PN.
• How do they decide what to test on?
• What is a “test plan”?
• What do I have to make on the NCLEX-PN to pass?
• How is computer adaptive testing different than my tests in nursing school?
• What do I have to do to be eligible to take NCLEX-PN?
• Let’s make sense of the test plan.
• Activity Statement review.
• Cool Charts.
• Cool things you just have to know: Lab values / Growth and Development / First Aid
• How will I deal with my anxiety?
• Directory of State Boards of Nursing.
• How to think the NCLEX way.
• Things that just aren’t true about NCLEX.
• Don’t select answers based on what you’ve seen in the hospitals!
• Tips for International students.
• A day in the life of someone taking the NCLEX-PN.
• Multiple choice questions verses alternate format questions.
• Test-taking strategies.
• How to pass the NCLEX-PN the first time.
• What’s all the fuss about “Prioritizing” and “Priority” test questions?
• How do I handle: management and delegation questions; patient-care assignment questions; leadership questions; and staff assignment questions?
• Everything you ever wanted to know about therapeutic communication.
• Pharmacology in a nut-shell.
• Do I really understand “The Nursing Process”?
• I’ve already failed once---------what do I do now?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
THIS BOOK IS EXCELLENT. I WISH I HAD PURCHASED IT WHEN I BEGAN NURSING SCHOOL. THIS BOOK WOULD HAVE BEEN AN EXCELLENT STUDY GUIDE ALONG WITH MY TEXTBOOKS. I READ IT COVER TO COVER JUST DAYS BEFORE THE NCLEX AND I FELT TOTALLY PREPARED FOR THE EXAM. I LOANED THIS BOOK TO A CLASSMATE WHO THOUGHT SHE WOULDN'T PASS THE NCLEX, SHE READ IT AND PASSED THE FIRST TRY. WHEN PREPARING FOR THE EXAM, I WOULD SUGGEST READING IT THROUGH AND HIGHLIGHT THE INFORMATION YOU FEEL NEEDS ADDITIONAL STUDY TIME. AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE BOOK, GO BACK AND STUDY THE HIGHLIGHTED INFORMATION.
The material was easy to follow along with, not only that, it was fun and comical. It was a relief to have this book, thank you Marlene Hurst!