Hurst's the Heart, 12th Edition (Two-Vol Set)by Valentin Fuster, Robert O'Rourke
Along with a strong focus on patient care the new Hurst's The Heart includes a new look and organization. Each chapter has been systematically overhauled with an emphasis on streamlining the content for a focused presentation of the LATEST THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES and the EVIDENCE-BASED DATA that support them. CLINICAL GUIDELINES are included to equip you with the critical information for optimal patient care in an increasingly time-pressured, cost/benefit environment.
The major changes that await you in the tenth edition of The Heart start with the dynamic new author team. Led by Valentin Fuster, Wayne Alexander and Robert A. O'Rourke, the editors have assembled an international group of thought leaders in cardiology who are distinguished not only by their academic prowess, but also by their clinical expertise. They know the latest treatment approaches because they practice them daily and document them here for you with precision.
The New 10th Edition of Hurst's The Heart is dramatically revised, and uniquely focused on the evolving demands of your daily practice:
- Expanded coverage of molecular biology of blood vessels and myocardium
- More information on testing modalitiesespecially those related to nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging, MRI and PET
- New emphasis on managing heart failure, including interventional techniques and new drug therapy strategies
- Additional chapters on the biology of coronary heart disease
- Expanded sections related to prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- More emphasis on integrating the science of cardiac care with treatment
- Easy-to-reference, evidence-based practice guidelines where appropriate
- New insight on the human genome project and its implications
- Techniques for clinical evaluation of the patient
- Late-breaking reports on clinical trials
- Heart disease in diabetics
- New sections on nonsurgical interventions in cardial and peripheral vascular disease
WHAT'S NEW in the Tenth Edition
About the Author:
NEW AUTHOR TEAM:
VALENTIN FUSTER, M.D. Ph.D
Director, The Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute Richard Gorlin, M.D./Heart Research Foundation Professor of Cardiology, Vice Chairman, Department of Medicine, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York
R. WAYNE ALEXANDER, M.D., Ph.D.
R. Bruce Logue Professor and Chair Department of Medicine Emory University School of Medicine Atlanta, Georgia
ROBERT A. O'ROURKE, M.D.
Charles Conrad Brown Distinguished Professor in Cardiovascular Disease University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, Texas
ROBERT ROBERTS, M.D.
Don W. Chapman Professor of Medicine and Chief of Cardiology Professor of Cell Biology, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics Director, Bugher Foundation Center for Molecular Biology in the Cardiovascular System Baylor College of Medicine Director, Specialized Center for Research in Heart Failure Houston, Texas
SPENCER B. KING III, M.D.
Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) Emory University School of Medicine Director, Interventional Cardiology Emory University Hospital Atlanta, Georgia
HEIN J.J. WELLENS, M.D.
Professor and Chairman of the Department of Cardiology Academic Hospital Maastricht Maastricht, The
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.30(h) x 3.65(d)
Meet the Author
Valentin Fuster MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA,
Mt Sinai Medical Center
New York, New York
Robert A. O'Rourke, MD, MDCC, MACP, FHAA,
University of Texas Health Science Center
San Antonio, Texas
Richard A. Walsh, MD, FACC, FAHA,
Case Western Reserve University
Philip Poole-Wilson, MD, FRCP, FESC, FACC, FMedSci,
British Heart Foundation and Imperial College, London
Spencer B. King, III, MD, MACC, FAHA,
Emory University School of Medicine
Robert Roberts MD, FRCP(C), FACC, FAHA,
University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Ira S. Nash, MD, FACC, FAHA, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
New York, New York
Eric N. Prystowsky, MD, FACC, FAHA,
St. Vincent Hospital
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >