Hurwitz Clinical Pediatric Dermatology: A Textbook of Skin Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence / Edition 3by Amy S Paller, Anthony J. Mancini
Pub. Date: 11/23/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This thoroughly updated classic text covers the full range of pediatric diseases, with special emphasis on management and which methods work best. The expert author team have maintained the steadfast tradition of Sid Hurwitz's ground-breaking work. The text delivers over 700 pages and more than 1,000 illustrations for today's most effective guidance in this
This thoroughly updated classic text covers the full range of pediatric diseases, with special emphasis on management and which methods work best. The expert author team have maintained the steadfast tradition of Sid Hurwitz's ground-breaking work. The text delivers over 700 pages and more than 1,000 illustrations for today's most effective guidance in this specialized field.
• Management focus - Focuses on management options, pros and cons of treatment options.
• Comprehensive - Covers every pediatric disease in enough detail for the non-specialist.
• Clinical - Focuses on patient diagnosis and management.
• Annotated references for additional reading.
• Format makes it easy to use and to understand.
• Now in COLOR! Over 850 high quality, updated clinical color photographs of skin disorders help in quick diagnosis.
• New sections covering hereditary disorders of cornification, hereditary disorders of the dermis, skin signs of other systemic diseases, and abuse and fatitial disorders.
• Tables allow for quick reference for differential diagnoses, clinical features, treatments, etc.
• The latest information on the hottest topics, including: discussions of the molecular bases of diseases, genodermatoses, icythoses, patient management, and ongoing patient welfare.
Drs. Paller and Mancini, two authorities in pediatric dermatology, have been carefully chosen to revise and update this practical, comprehensive resource. Page after page, they carry on the familiar, easy-to-read writing style that practitioners have always appreciated.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Revised Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.80(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Dermatologic Diagnosis
2. Cutaneous Disorders of the Newborn
3. Excematous Eruptions in Childhood
4. Papulosquamous and Related Disorders
5. Hereditary Disorders of Cornification NEW!
6. Hereditary Disorders of the Dermis NEW!
7. Disorders of the Hair and Nails
8. Disorders of the Sebaceous and Sweat Glands
9. Cutaneous Tumors and Tumor Syndromes
10. Histiocutoses and Malignant Skin Diseases
11. Disorders of Pigmentation
12. Vascular Disorders of Infancy and Childhood
13. Bullous Disorders of Childhood
14. Bacterial, Mycobacterial, and Protozoal Infections of the Skin
15. Viral Diseases of the Skin
16. The Exanthematous Diseases of Childhood
17. Skin Disorders Due to Fungi
18. Insect Bites and Parasitic Infestations
19. Photosensitivity and Photoreactions
20. The Hypersensitivity Syndromes
21. Vasculitis Disorders
22. Collagen Vascular Disorders
23. Endocrine Disorders of the Skin
24. Inborn Errors of Metabolism
25. Skin Signs of Other Systemic Diseases NEW!
26. Abuse and Factitial Disorders NEW!
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >