i-SAFE Internet Life Skills Activities: Reproducible Projects on Learning to Safely Handle Life Online, Grades 9-12by iSafe
In today's wired world, such ordinary tasks as bill paying, shopping, and applying for jobs are more and more often accomplished via the Internet. This hands-on resource shows students in grades 9-12 (and parents and teachers, too) the right way to accomplish everyday activities online, while maintaining personal safety and computer security. This easy-to-use guide… See more details below
In today's wired world, such ordinary tasks as bill paying, shopping, and applying for jobs are more and more often accomplished via the Internet. This hands-on resource shows students in grades 9-12 (and parents and teachers, too) the right way to accomplish everyday activities online, while maintaining personal safety and computer security. This easy-to-use guide from i-SAFE—the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to Internet safety education—helps teens and young adults develop their Internet skills as they learn to stay safe online.
i-SAFE Internet Life Skills Activities includes:
- Guidelines for understanding computer security, the benefits and drawbacks of online banking, tips for evaluating the accuracy of information found on Web sites, and suggestions for being a savvy Internet shopper
- Information on protecting your online persona, safety tips for social networking, and suggestions for creating positive online relationships
- instructions for developing online search, job hunting, and money management skills
- Ideas on where to get information about finding the right college or university; online education; and applying for college, scholarships, loans, and grants online
i-SAFE Internet Life Skills Activities is designed to empower youth, introduce them to some activities they may not have considered going online for, and steer them towards safe and responsible Internet experiences.
Praise for i-SAFE Internet Life Skills Activities
"This is a great book for students. Just as importantly, this book will assist parents to keep their children and families safe in Cyberspace."
—Peter La Monica, executive director, BeNetSafe.Org
"i-SAFE continues to provide their valued resources to educators with a tailored curriculum and lessons that provide relevant and engaging activities for students as they learn to participate in our digital age of commerce and learning."
—Robert Hays, technology curriculum consultant
"Our experience is clear: there is no fail-proof technical solution that will protect our students. We must train our students, teachers and staff to be aware and responsible users; no one provides better quality and updated training than i-SAFE. This book should be mandatory for any parent, teacher, or school site administrator."
—William D. Piotrowski, Ph.D., chief technology officer, Leon County Schools
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >