1. Introduction: Measurement and Descriptive Statistics 2. Data Coding and Exploratory Analysis (EDA) 3. Several Measures of Reliability 4. Exploratory Factor Analysis and Principal Components Analysis 5. Selecting and Interpreting Inferential Statistics 6. Multiple Regression 7. Logistic Regression and Discriminant Analysis 8. Factorial ANOVA and ANCOVA 9. Repeated-Measures and Mixed ANOVAs 10. Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA) and Canonical Correlation 11. Multilevel Linear Modeling/Hierarchical Linear Modeling Appendices: Appendix A: Getting Started with SPSS and Other Useful Procedures. Appendix B: Review of Basic Statistics. Appendix C: Review Answers to Odd Interpretation Questions
IBM SPSS for Intermediate Statistics: Use and Interpretation, Fourth Edition / Edition 4by Nancy L. Leech, Karen C. Barrett, George A. Morgan
Pub. Date: 06/02/2011
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Designed to help readers analyze and interpret research data using IBM SPSS, this user-friendly book shows readers how to choose the appropriate statistic based on the design, perform intermediate statistics, including multivariate statistics, interpret output, and write about the results. The book reviews research designs and how to assess the accuracy and/b>
Designed to help readers analyze and interpret research data using IBM SPSS, this user-friendly book shows readers how to choose the appropriate statistic based on the design, perform intermediate statistics, including multivariate statistics, interpret output, and write about the results. The book reviews research designs and how to assess the accuracy and reliability of data: whether data meet the assumptions of statistical tests; how to calculate and interpret effect sizes for intermediate statistics, including odds ratios for logistic and discriminant analyses; how to compute and interpret post-hoc power; and an overview of basic statistics for those who need a review. Unique chapters on multilevel linear modeling, multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA), assessing reliability of data, and factor analysis are provided. SPSS syntax, along with the output, is included for those who prefer this format.
The new edition features:
- IBM SPSS version 19; although the book can be used with most older and newer versions
- expanded discussion of assumptions and effect size measures in several chapters
- expanded discussion of multilevel modeling
- expansion of other useful SPSS functions in Appendix A
- examples that meet the new formatting guidelines in the 6th edition of the APA Publication Manual (2010)
- flowcharts and tables to help select the appropriate statistic and interpret statistical significance and effect sizes
- multiple realistic data sets available on the website used to solve the chapter problems
- password protected Instructor's Resource materials with PowerPoint slides, answers to interpretation questions and extra SPSS problems, and chapter outlines and study guides.
IBM SPSS for Intermediate Statistics, Fourth Edition provides helpful teaching tools:
- all of the key SPSS windows needed to perform the analyses
- outputs with call-out boxes to highlight key points
- interpretation sections and questions to help students better understand and interpret the output
- extra problems using multiple realistic data sets for practice in conducting analyses using intermediate statistics
- helpful appendices on how to get started with SPSS, writing research questions, and review of basic statistics.
An ideal supplement for courses in either intermediate/advanced statistics or research methods taught in departments of psychology, education, and other social and health sciences, this book is also appreciated by researchers in these areas looking for a handy reference for SPSS.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews