IBM Webshere for z/OS and Distributed Platforms: An Administrattor's Guide / Edition 1by Ann Black, Herescu, Patel, McGuinnes
Pub. Date: 12/29/2004
Publisher: IBM Press
In this book, IBM's own enterprise WebSphere experts offer authoritative, comprehensive guidance for deploying and managing WebSphere on z/OS for mainframes, UNIX®/Linux®-based distributed systems, and Windows® servers. Drawing on their extensive experience supporting enterprise customers and developing new WebSphere technologies, the authors
In this book, IBM's own enterprise WebSphere experts offer authoritative, comprehensive guidance for deploying and managing WebSphere on z/OS for mainframes, UNIX®/Linux®-based distributed systems, and Windows® servers. Drawing on their extensive experience supporting enterprise customers and developing new WebSphere technologies, the authors address the entire management lifecycle: planning, installation, configuration, administration, application deployment, tuning, and troubleshooting.
This book thoroughly covers WebSphere Application Server Version 5.0 and 5.1: both IBM Base WebSphere Application Server offerings and the advanced scalability and failover capabilities built into the popular IBM Network Deployment Edition. It has been designed to serve both as a comprehensive learning tool and as a rapid reference for working professionals.
- The WebSphere Application Server architecture: a detailed introduction for working administrators
- Installation and configuration on both distributed and z/OS platforms, from planning through security
- Assembling, deploying, and securing applications with the Application Assembly Tool and Assembly Toolkit
- Managing WebSphere Application Server, including clustering and workload management
- Automating administrative tasks using the powerful WebSphere scripting tools
- Performance monitoring/tuning using both WebSphere- and system-level tools, including real-world tuning scenarios
- A start-to-finish methodology for WebSphere troubleshooting
- Covering z/OS, UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Learn all you need to know from IBM's own WebSphere development and advanced deployment teams
- Includes the latest most thorough coverage WebSphere V5.0/5.1
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- IBM Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.60(h) x 2.14(d)
Table of Contents
I. WEBSPHERE ENVIRONMENT OVERVIEW.
2. Compare and Contrast: WebSphere on z/OS and the Distributed Platforms.
3. WebSphere Architecture and Design.
4. WebSphere Topology: Distributed and z/OS.
5. WebSphere Installation-Distributed.
6. WebSphere Installation-z/OS.
7. Getting Started with WebSphere-An Overview.
II. WEBSPHERE CONFIGURATION.
8. Configuring WebSphere Application Server.
9. The WebSphere Naming Service.
10. The Web Server Plug-in.
11. The Java Message Service.
12. Web Services-An Overview.
13. WebSphere Security on the Distributed Platforms.
14. WebSphere Security on the z/OS Platform.
III. ASSEMBLING AND DEPLOYING APPLICATIONS IN WEBSPHERE.
15. Assembling Applications in WebSphere.
16. Securing Applications in WebSphere.
17. Deploying Applications in WebSphere.
IV. WEBSPHERE MANAGEMENT.
18. Workload Management Overview: Distributed.
19. Workload Management Overview: z/OS.
20. Automated WebSphere Administration.
V. WEBSPHERE PERFORMANCE.
21. Monitoring WebSphere Performance.
22. WebSphere Performance Tuning.
23. WebSphere Performance Tuning-z/OS.
VI. TROUBLESHOOTING WEBSPHERE.
24. WebSphere Problem Determination Tools-Logging and Tracing.
25. Problem Prevention and Determination Methodology.
26. WebSphere Problem Determination and Troubleshooting for z/OS.
Appendix A. Trade3 Application.
Appendix B. WebSphere Tooling Reference.
Appendix C. WebSphere Plug-in Definitions.
Appendix D. WebSphere Message Component Ids.
Appendix E. Custom Strategy Bindings File DTD.
Appendix F. Common z/OS Terms.
Appendix G. Comparison of Common Tasks on z/OS versus Distributed.
Appendix H. z/Linux Considerations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >