- L'honestà negli amori, opera: Già il sole dal Gange
- La donna ancora è fedele, opera (with intermezzo "Filandra e Selvino"): Son tutto duolo
- La donna ancora è fedele, opera (with intermezzo "Filandra e Selvino"): Se Florindo è fedele
- Il Pompeo, opera: O cessate di piagarmi
- Work(s): Spesso vibra per suo gioco
- Caro mio ben, for voice & piano (or orchestra)
- Arminio, opera: Pur dicesti, o bocca bella
- Intorno all'idol mio (soprano aria from opera "Orontea")
- La Molinara, opera: Nel cor più non mi sento
- Nina, o sia La pazza per amore, opera: Il mio ben quando ve
- O Leggiadri Occhi Belli
- Il mio bel foco (Quella Fiamma che m'accende), for cantata for soprano, 2 violins, 2 oboes & continuo, SF. 142 (spurious)
- Selve amiche
- La Costanza in amor, opera: Sebben, crudele
- Tu ch' hai le penne, amore, for voice & continuo
- Se tu m' ami
- Zingari in Fiera, opera: Act 1, Chi vuol la zingarella
- Le Nuove Musiche (22), collection of arias and madrigals for voice & continuo: Amarilli
- Delizie Contente
- Ottone in Villa, opera in 3 acts, RV 729: Sposa son disprezzata, aria
- Vittoria, mio core (Amante sciolto d'amore), cantata for soprano & continuo
If You Love Me: 18th Century Italian Songsby Cecilia Bartoli
Cecilia Bartoli, not surprisingly, has provided the vocal finery which reveals the true nature of these songs: they are not made to be confined to warming up exercises or to the singing studio, but to release their own little emotional vignettes in a voice simply delighting in what it is dared to do.
- Release Date:
Performance CreditsCecilia Bartoli Primary Artist
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I am enjoing her music very much so. i realy look up to her when i need help with some of my italian pieces!! I am a 16yr old mezzo soprano opera student and i hope to follow in her foot steps!!
Bartoli is perhaps the greatest mezzo of this era. her voice is rich and dark and colourful, her technique exquisite and her passion and style remarkable!
Cecilia Bartoli is, in my opinion, one of the greatest classical vocalists of our time. Her delivery on the pieces on this album are superb. For anyone who has studied voice and sung classical music you have performed one of these pieces. Her voice is angelic and powerful. This would be a great album for someone that is just starting to listen to opera. The songs are simple yet difficult when it comes to technique but with Cecilia Bartoli singing them she makes it look effortless. She is my favorite classical singer and I can guarantee you will fall in love with her after you hear her. She sings with great emotion and you can tell her heart is into each song. If you buy this album, I guarantee it will not be your last ablum you purchase by Cecilia Bartoli!!!!
My favorite Bartoli album. The songs assembled here are a wonderful bouquet, and she just paints every flower lovingly with her voice in a wonderful array of textures,nuances, overtones... The songs were arranged by one Alessandro Parisotti who lived in the 19th century and meant to revive those forgotten treasures; working from only a melodic line and numbered bass, he fashioned the piano accompaniment, as the liner notes have it, in keeping with the musical standards of his time. And to my ear, even though he strived to respect and leave untainted the original spirit and style, that means a definite touch of the romantic over these ''arie antiche'' (ancient songs), a unique blend that is like a rare herb liqueur from the monks... You won't find anything else quite like it! Just delicious...