- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
What drives people to crave fame and celebrity? How does fame affect people psychologically? These issues are frequently discussed by the media but psychologists have shied away from an academic investigation of the phenomenon of fame. In this lively, eclectic book, David Giles examines fame and celebrity from a variety of perspectives.
Introduction: Defining Fame and Celebrity
• Mad for Noblesse: Fame through History
• The Quest for Fame
• Fame and the "General Public"
• Identity Crises: The Perils of "Authenticity"
• The Problems of Being Famous
• A Taxonomy of Fame
• Beyond Parasocial Interaction: Fans and Stalkers
• The Future of Celebrity