Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck - Pageburst Digital Book (Retail Access Card) / Edition 4by Margaret J. Fehrenbach, Susan W. Herring
Pub. Date: 12/29/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Featuring a robust collection of full-color illustrations and photographs, Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck, 4th Edition, provides a complete look at head and neck anatomy, with an emphasis on the specific anatomy of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Chapters are organized by anatomical systems, including one covering the anatomical basis of local/b>… See more details below
Featuring a robust collection of full-color illustrations and photographs, Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck, 4th Edition, provides a complete look at head and neck anatomy, with an emphasis on the specific anatomy of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Chapters are organized by anatomical systems, including one covering the anatomical basis of local anesthesia and another on the spread of dental infection. Written by educators Margaret Fehrenbach and Susan Herring, this edition adds new illustrations and cutting-edge, evidence-based information on topics such as caries risk, periodontal disease, local anesthesia administration, and infection control. Combine this book with Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, and you will gain the basic scientific knowledge needed for everyday clinical dental practice.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a solid foundation in head and neck anatomy, with in-depth discussion of the TMJ and its role in dental health and additional material on the anatomy of local anesthesia and the spread of dental infection.
- Approachable writing style presents cutting-edge content and the latest evidence-based information in a way that may be easily grasped and applied.
- More than 400 full-color illustrations and clinical photographsshow models and patients within a clinical setting.
- 28 removable color flashcards offer on-the-go study, with key images on one side and corresponding labels on the back.
- Identification exercises in each chapter ask you to label the different structures to test your knowledge of anatomy.
- Multiple-choice review questions in each chapter include a mixture of knowledge- and application-based content, and prepare you for the national board examinations in dental assisting and dental hygiene.
- Easy-to-read tables and boxes summarize concepts and procedures.
- Key terms begin each chapter, accompanied by phonetic pronunciations, and are highlighted within the chapter.
- Learning objectives open each chapter with goals to be accomplished, also serve as checkpoints for comprehension, skills mastery, and study tools in preparation for examinations.
- A glossary offers quick and handy access to all the key terms and definitions used in the book.
- Updated content includes evidence-based information on hot topics such as caries risk, periodontal disease, local anesthesia administration, and infection control.
- NEW! Additional full-color illustrations and photographs support text descriptions and help ensure complete comprehension.
- Updated review questions are included in every chapter to correlate with new content.
- A companion Evolve website offers more practice with case studies, image identification, and flashcards.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.10(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Head and Neck Anatomy
- Clinical Applications
- Anatomical Nomenclature
- Normal Anatomical Variation
2. Surface Anatomy
- Surface Anatomy
- Regions of the Head
- Regions of the Neck
3. Skeletal System
- Overview of the Skeletal System
- Bones of the Head and Neck
- Abnormalities of Bone
4. Muscular System
- Overview of the Muscular System
- Muscles of the Head and Neck
5. Temporomandibular Joint
- Anatomy of the Temporomandibular Joint
- Jaw Movements with Muscle Relationships
- Disorders of the Joint
6. Vascular System
- Overview of the Vascular System
- Arterial Blood Supply to the Head and Neck
- Venous Drainage of the Head and Neck
- Vascular Lesions
7. Glandular Tissue
- Overview of the Glandular Tissue
- Lacrimal Glands
- Salivary Glands
- Thyroid Gland
- Parathyroid Glands
- Thymus Gland
8. Nervous System
- Overview of the Nervous System
- Nerves to the Oral Cavity and Associated Structures
- Nerve Lesions of the Head and Neck
9. Anatomy of Local Anesthesia
- Overview of Anatomical Considerations for Local Anesthesia
- Maxillary Nerve Anesthesia
- Mandibular Nerve Anesthesia
10. Lymphatic System
- Overview of the Lymphatic System
- Lymph Nodes of the Head and Neck
- Metastasis and Cancer
11. Fascia and Spaces
- Overview of the Fascia
- Spaces of the Head and Neck
12. Spread of Dental Infection
- Infectious Process
- Dental Infections
- Spread of Dental Infections
- Prevention of the Spread of Dental Infections
Appendix A: Bibliography
Appendix B: Extraoral and Intraoral Clinical Assessment
Glossary of Key Terms and Anatomical Terms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >