Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy / Edition 3by Mary Bath-Balogh
Pub. Date: 01/03/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Featuring detailed illustrations and full-color photographs, Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, 3rd Edition, provides a complete look at dental anatomy, combined with dental embryology and histology and a review of dental structures. A clear, reader-friendly writing style helps you understand both basic science and clinical applications,/b>
Featuring detailed illustrations and full-color photographs, Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, 3rd Edition, provides a complete look at dental anatomy, combined with dental embryology and histology and a review of dental structures. A clear, reader-friendly writing style helps you understand both basic science and clinical applications, putting the material into the context of everyday dental practice. Going beyond an introduction to anatomy, this book also covers developmental and cellular information in depth. Color photomicrographs make it easy to discern microscopic structures. Expert authors Mary Bath-Balogh and Margaret Fehrenbach provide an essential background in oral biology for dental hygiene and dental assisting students, including excellent preparation for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
• Comprehensive coverage includes all the content needed for an introduction to the developmental, histological, and anatomical foundations of oral health.
• High-quality anatomical illustrations and full-color clinical and microscopic photographs enhance your understanding.
• An approachable writing style makes it easy to grasp and learn to apply the material.
• A logical organization separates the book into four units for easier understanding: (1) an introduction to dental structures, (2) dental embryology, (3) dental histology, and (4) dental anatomy.
• Summary tables and boxes provide quick, easy-to-read summaries of concepts and procedures and serve as useful review and study tools.
• Clinical Considerations boxes relate abstract-seeming biological concepts to everyday clinical practice.
• Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter clearly identify the information you are expected to absorb.
• Key terms open each chapter, accompanied by phonetic pronunciations, and are highlighted within the text
• A glossary provides a quick and handy way to look up terminology.
• A bibliography lists resource citations for further research and study.
• Student resources on the companion Evolve website enhance learning with practice quizzes including rationales and page-number references, case studies, a histology matching game, review/assessment questions, tooth identification exercises, and WebLinks to related sites.
• Updated and expanded evidence-based coverage includes topics such as caries risk, fetal alcohol syndrome, periodontal disease, thyroid hormones and disease, stem cells and dental pulp, and developmental defects associated with specific diseases and conditions.
• NEW color illustrations and photomicrographs add detail and enhance comprehension.
• NEW practice exercises on the companion Evolve website include quizzes containing 200 self-test questions with instant feedback to help you prepare for examinations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I: Review of Dental Structures 1. Face and Neck Regions 2. Oral Cavity and Pharynx Unit II: Dental Embryology 3. Overview of Prenatal Development 4. Development of the Face and Neck 5. Development of Orofacial Structures 6. Tooth Development and Eruption Unit III: Dental Histology 7. Overview of the Cell 8. Basic Tissues 9. Oral Mucosa 10. Gingival and Dentogingival Junctional Tissues 11. Head and Neck Structures 12. Enamel 13. Dentin and Pulp 14. Periodontium: Cementum, Alveolar Bone, Periodontal Ligament Unit IV: Dental Anatomy 15. Overview of the Dentitions 16. Permanent Anterior Teeth 17. Permanent Posterior Teeth 18. Primary Dentition 19. Temporomandibular Joint 20. Occlusion Bibliography Glossary Appendix A: Anatomical Position Appendix B: Units of Measure Appendix C: Tooth Measurements Appendix D: Tooth Development Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >