Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN? Exam / Edition 8by JoAnn Zerwekh
Pub. Date: 12/17/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
It’s a fun, visual review for the NCLEX! Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 8th Edition covers all the nursing concepts and content found on the latest NCLEX-RN examination. A concise outline format makes studying easier, and 2,300 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) are included to/i>/b>/sup>… See more details below
It’s a fun, visual review for the NCLEX! Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 8th Edition covers all the nursing concepts and content found on the latest NCLEX-RN examination. A concise outline format makes studying easier, and 2,300 NCLEX exam-style review questions (including alternate item formats) are included to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter and on the Evolve companion website. Written by NCLEX expert JoAnn Zerwekh, this study guide uses colorful illustrations and mnemonic cartoons to help you remember key concepts for the NCLEX-RN exam.
• UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
• UNIQUE! The integrated systems approach incorporates pediatric, adult, and older adult lifespan considerations in each body system chapter.
• UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
• Electronic alternate item format questions on Evolve prepare you for the interactive question types on the computerized NCLEX examination, including priority drag-and-drop and hot-spot (illustrated point-and-click) questions.
• Practice questions on the Evolve companion website are available in both study and quiz modes and separated by content area, allowing you to create a customized review experience based on your personal study needs.
• Answers and rationales for all review questions show why correct answers are right and incorrect options are wrong.
• NEW! 2,300 review questions are now included on the Evolve companion website.
• Two NEW alternate item question types are added: graphic options and questions incorporating audio.
• UPDATED content reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan and incorporated important clinical updates.
• NEW! Page references to an Elsevier textbook are provided with each question, for further study and self-remediation.
• NEW! Disorder names are highlighted in color in the index for quick reference.
• EXPANDED coverage of management of care reflects the increased percentage of this content on the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.56(w) x 10.56(h) x 0.84(d)
Table of Contents
1. Testing Strategies for the NCLEX-RN® Examination
2. Health Implications Across the Life Span
3. Concepts of Nursing Practice
4. Nursing Management and Ethical/Legal Concepts
5. Emergency and Disaster Preparedness and Bioterrorism
6. Pharmacology and Medication Administration
7. Homeostasis Concepts
8. Immune: Care of the Adult, Maternity, & Pediatric Client
9. Cancer Concepts
10. Psychosocial Nursing Care
11. Integumentary: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
12. Sensory: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
13. Endocrine: Care of Adult, Maternity, & Pediatric Clients
14. Hematology: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
15. Respiratory: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
16. Vascular: Care of Adult Clients
17. Cardiac: Care of Adult, Maternity, & Pediatric Clients
18. Gastrointestinal: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
19. Hepatic and Biliary: Care of Adult Clients
20. Neurology: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
21. Musculoskeletal: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
22. Reproductive: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
23. Urinary-Renal: Care of Adult & Pediatric Clients
24. Maternity Nursing Care
25. Newborn Nursing Care
Appendix: Normal Laboratory Data
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book is wonderful, straight to the point information in list format. I have a paperback copy of this book, then the kindle ebook because I liked it soo much, specially the CD ROM that came with it. The CD ROM has about 2500 NCLEX style questions with 3 types of options " Study" "Quiz" and "Exam Mode" You can take the test/quizzes by systems or comprehensive, its your choice!!!. Which makes this book very helpful not just for nclex but while your in the nursing program as well. This book is highly recommended.