Immunomicroscopy: Volume 19 in the Major Problems in Pathology Series / Edition 3by Clive Roy Taylor, Richard J. Cote
Pub. Date: 11/07/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Practical, and intended for day-to-day use, this state-of-the-art New Edition presents the elements of immunohistochemistry in the context of the "total test". It deals logically with issues of test selection · reagent selection and quantification · protocols and methods · controls · results · interpretation · in situ… See more details below
Practical, and intended for day-to-day use, this state-of-the-art New Edition presents the elements of immunohistochemistry in the context of the "total test". It deals logically with issues of test selection · reagent selection and quantification · protocols and methods · controls · results · interpretation · in situ hybridization · reporting · and significance. In each chapter, readers will find infectious diseases and prognostic markers and a molecular morphology perspective, focusing on DNA, RNA, and protein, thus offering the surgical pathologist a genuine ability to see with molecular eyes. Immunomicroscopy, 3rd Edition is Volume 19 in the Major Problems in Pathology Series.
• Features an expanded authorship of internationally renowned experts.
• Offers timely coverage on all diagnostically useful tests and their application and interpretation.
• Integrates infectious diseases and prognostic markers into each chapter, offering complete diagnostic coverage of any given organ system.
• Incorporates aspects of molecular morphology throughout.
• Presents an organ system approach to diagnostic surgical pathology.
• Includes appendices that address quality assurance and standardization protocols reflecting National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards guidelines · tissue microarrays · and laser microscopy and digital immunomicroscopy, including image analysis, spectral imaging, and quantitation.
• Uses full-color illustrations throughout.
With 32 expert contributors.
Table of Contents
1. Principles Of Immunohistochemistry
2. Practical Issues: Fixation, Processing, and Antigen Retrieval
3. Molecular and Special Techniques
4. Lymphoma Including Hodgkin Lymphoma
5. Molecular Morphology in Adrenal and Thyroid Disease
6. Applications Of Immunohistochemistry in Breast Pathology
7. Immunohistochemistry of the Female Reproductive Tract
8. Molecular Morphology and Immunomicroscopy
10. Molecular Morphology of Soft Tissue and Bone
11. Molecular Morphology of The Lung and Mesothelioma
12. Gastrointestinal Tract
13. Immunohistochemistry of Skin Tumors Including Melanocytic Lesions
14. Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry of the Nervous System
15 Anaplastic Tumors: Approach to the ‘Unknown Primary’
17. Occult Metastasis
A. IHC Website
B. Protocols [Immunohistochemistry, Molecular]
C. Standardization/Quality Control
D. Tissue Microarrays
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >