- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1) Why Implement World Class Manufacturing (WCM) - proof of the need to change
2) Implementation Roadblocks You Will Encounter
3) Tuning the implementation to Your Facility
4) 5S/Housekeeping - paving the approach to WCM
5) Team Building - unleashing the power of your workforce
6) Total Productive Maintenance - improving quality, productivity, and delivery through equipment reliability
7) Manufacturing Cells - one piece flow and the key to employee empowerment and ownership
8) Setup Reduction - reducing product delivery lead-times and improving your manufacturing capacity
9) Kanbans - automating the inventory replenishment cycle
10) Kaizen - continuous improvement and kaizen events
For those who are really serious about World Class Manufacturing activities on the shop floor, this book is a must-read.
Posted March 28, 2001
This is a great how-to book on implementing manufacturing techniques generally associated with Japanese production systems. Written in an easy to read format with plenty of diagrams, forms, and photos, Implementing World Class Manufacturing takes you step-by-step through the implementation process. For those unfamiliar with JIT, Manufacturing Cells, Kanban, Kaizen, Cross-functional Teams, Total Productive Maintenance, and Setup Reduction you will find this book does a great job of explaining these techniques as well as giving detailed instruction on how to use them. This is one of those rare books that is designed to be used equally by managers and the employees on the shop floor.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.