Guidelines for Healthy Cooking, Dr. Scott M. Grundy, M.D., Ph.D.
PART I. OUR PHILOSOPHY ON FOOD AND WINE AND THE EFFECT ON LIFESTYLES.
1. Gastronomy, the Essential Art and the Alliance of Taste and Health.
2. Wine with Food can be part of a Healthful Lifestyle.
PART II. OUR RECIPE FOR A HEALTHFUL CUISINE.
3. Building the Recipe with the Essential Ingredients, from a Nutrient Perspective.
4. Special Requests: Spa, Vegetarian, and Modified Diets.
PART III. NUTRITIONAL COOKING.
5. Ingredients, Flavor Enhancers, and Marinades.
6. Contemporary Cooking Methods.
PART IV. THE RECIPES.
7. About Our Recipes.
8. Appetizers, Salads, and Salad Dressings.
9. Stocks, Soups, Sauces, Relishes, and Spreads.
10. Main Course Selections.
11. Vegetables, Potatoes, Grains, and Legumes.
12. Desserts, Breads, and Quick Breads.
PART V. INDUSTRY ISSUES.
13. A Perspective on Genetic Engineering.
14. A Position on Marketing.
Appendix A: Conversions and Equivalencies.
Appendix B: Foods of the Seasons.
Appendix C: Speed Scratch Sauces and Stocks.
Appendix D: Diet Management Tables.
Appendix E: Multicultural Food Guide Pyramids.