Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Linking Theory with Practice / Edition 1by Cary L. Cooper
Pub. Date: 07/20/2000
By bringing together leading industrial and organisational psychologists, this book helps explore the relationship between the theory of industrial and organizational psychology and the principles applied in 'real' organizations. See more details below
By bringing together leading industrial and organisational psychologists, this book helps explore the relationship between the theory of industrial and organizational psychology and the principles applied in 'real' organizations.
Table of Contents
Editorial foreword: Cary l. Cooper and Edwin Locke.
1. Incentives: Theory and Practice: Kathryn M. Bartol and Cathy C. Durham.
2. Workplace Interventions to Prevent Stress-related Illness: Lessons from Research and Practice: Daniel C. Ganster and Larry Murphy.
3. Advances in Leadership Training and Development: Marilyn E. Gist and Dana McDonald-Mann.
4. The Pursuit of Organisational Justice: From Conceptualization to Implication to Application: Jerald Greenburg and Allan Lind.
5.Team Effectiveness in Theory and Practice: J. Richard Hackmann, Ruth Wageman, Thomas M. Ruddy and Charles R. Ray.
6. Theory and Practice of Leadership: Into the New Millennium: Ram Aditya, Robert J. House and Steven Kerr.
7. Job Satisfaction: Research and Practice: Timothy A. Judge and Allan H. Church.
8. Overlooking Theory and Research in Performance Appraisal at One's Peril: Much Done, More to Do: Gary Latham and Sooson (Daghighi) Latham.
9. Goal Setting: Theory and Practice: Terry Michell, Ken Thompson and Jane George-Falvy.
10. Research on the Employment Interview: Usefulness for Practice and Recommendations for Future Research: Sara L. Rynes, Alison E. Barber and Gale H. Varma.
11. Intelligence, Motivation, and Job Performance: John E. Hunter, Frank L. Schmidt, John M. Rauschenberger and Michele E. A. Jayne.
12. Organizational Recruitment: Enhancing the Intersection of Research and Practice: M. Susan Taylor and Christopher J. Collins.
13. Conclusion: The Challenge of Linking Theory with Practice: Cary L. Cooper and Edwin A. Locke.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >