VOLUME 5. .
General editor's introduction: R. A. Church and E. A. Wrigley.
Introduction: P. K. O'Brien.
1. Foreign Trade and the Industrialization of the European periphery in the nineteenth century: I. T. Berend and G. Ranki.
2. Banking in the early stages of industrialization: conclusion: R. Cameron.
3. Pattersn of Development in nineteenth century Europe: N. F. R. Crafts.
4. Wars, blockades and economic change in Europe, 1792-1815: F. Crouzet.
5. Economic backwardness in historical perspective: A.Gerchenkron.
6. Commercial expansion and the industrial revolution: C. P. Kinidleberger.
7. Proto-industrialization: theory and reality. General Report: F. Mendals.
8. An economic theory of the growth of the western world: D. C. North and R. P. Thomas.
9. Transport and economic development in Europe, 1789-1914: P. K. O'Brien.
10. The pre-history of the nienteenth century: W.N. Parker.
11. Industrialization and the European economy: S. Pollard.
12. The take-off into self-sustained growth: W. W. Rostow.
13. Urban growth and agricultural change: England and the continent in the early modern period: E. A. Wrigley.