- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assisted Reproduction Treatment (ART) is susceptible to the hazard of potential infection from many different sources: patients, samples, staff, and the environment. This practical book presents a basic overview of microbiology in the context of ART, and also constitutes an up-to-date guide to infections in reproductive medicine. The relevant facets of the complex and vast field of microbiology are condensed and focused, highlighting information that is crucial for safe practice in both clinical and laboratory aspects of ART.
Part I. Overview of Microbiology:
3. Mycology: moulds and yeasts;
Part II. Infections in Reproductive Medicine:
7. Genital ulcer disease;
8. Vaginitis syndromes;
9. Genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infections;
10. Urethritis and cervicitis syndromes;
11. Pathology of the upper genitourinary tract;
12. Cytomegalovirus and blood-borne viruses;
Part III. Infection and the Assisted Reproductive Laboratory:
13. Infection and contamination control in the ART laboratory;
14. Handling of infectious agents in the ART laboratory;
15. Prevention: patient screening and the use of donor gametes; Index.