Infectious Diseases: Expert Consult Premium Edition: Enhanced Online Features and Print / Edition 3by Jonathan Cohen, William G. Powderly, Steven M. Opal
Pub. Date: 06/26/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Infectious Diseases, 3rd edition by Jonathan Cohen, MB, BS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPE, FMedSci, William G. Powderly, MD, FRCPI, and Steven M. Opal MD, provides comprehensive, practical, highly visual guidance to help you effectively overcome the latest clinical infectious disease challenges. The comprehensively updated 3rd Edition features brand-new/sup>… See more details below
Infectious Diseases, 3rd edition by Jonathan Cohen, MB, BS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPE, FMedSci, William G. Powderly, MD, FRCPI, and Steven M. Opal MD, provides comprehensive, practical, highly visual guidance to help you effectively overcome the latest clinical infectious disease challenges. The comprehensively updated 3rd Edition features brand-new information on new strains of the swine (H1N1) and avian influenza viruses, SARS, nosocomial infections, HIV/AIDS, and many other timely topics. Online access at expertconsult.com lets you reference the complete contents from any computer -with case studies, ID secret of the week, regular content updates, disease outbreak maps, diagnosis algorithms, a downloadable image library, and updates from the Lancet Infectious Disease.
• Find a diagnosis quickly with the popular Diseases by Body System Section.
• Stay well informed with expanded and updated coverage of nonsocomial infections and much more.
• Access the full text contents of the entire 2-volume set online with a fully searchable website with case studies (ideal tool for learning and review for the Boards), ID secret of the week, regular content updates, disease outbreak maps, Diagnosis algorithms, downloadable image library and updates from the Lancet Infectious Disease.
• Receive unparalleled visual guidance from hundreds of full-color photographs and figures.
• Quickly search information with a consistent chapter organization and colorful page layouts.
• Get clinically-focused guidance from "Practice Points" which demonstrate how to diagnose and treat complicated problems encountered in practice.
• Make effective diagnoses with a more efficient approach to differential diagnosis-discussions of conditions are presented in proportion to their incidence.
• Gain a more international view from editors and authors, patient photographs, and treatment perspectives from around the world.
• Stay current with the very latest information about newly recognized infectious diseases including new strains of the swine (H1N1) and avian influenza viruses, and SARS…many new chapters including parvoviruses, acute meningitis, chronic meningitis, GI infection, tuberculosis of the urogenital tract, approaches to acute fever and fever of unknown origin, infections in burn, surgery and trauma, immunodeficiencies and principles of infection in the immunocompromised patient, opportunistic and systemic fungi, and subcutaneous and superficial fungal pathogens.
• Access thecomplete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, with regular content updates, case studies with self-assessment questions, interactive disease outbreak map, antimicrobial pharmacokinetics mannequin, and a downloadable image library.
• Efficiently reference information with no overlap thanks to newly reorganized chapters including a completely refocused section on tropical and travel medicine.
• Find answers quickly and easily access references with a new more streamlined, portable, and economical format. All bibliographical citations have been removed from the printed reference - allowing the two volumes to be lighter and more compact - but remain online at expertconsult.com for rapid searchability.
• Get a fresh perspective from seven new section editors added to this edition, as well as an even more geographically diverse set of contributors.
Advance clinically with practical, innovative, highly visual guidance that allows you to effectively treat and manage all your patients' diseases.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.60(w) x 11.90(h) x 5.10(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >