Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat - Revised Reprint / Edition 3by Craig E. Greene
Pub. Date: 03/29/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Featuring full-color illustrations and hundreds of tables with diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, this authoritative resource explores the diagnosis and treatment of canine and feline infectious diseases caused by viruses, rickettsiae, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa, and unknown agents. Discussion of each disease includes diagnostic
Featuring full-color illustrations and hundreds of tables with diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, this authoritative resource explores the diagnosis and treatment of canine and feline infectious diseases caused by viruses, rickettsiae, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas, bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa, and unknown agents. Discussion of each disease includes diagnostic testing, indications and methods for sample collection, in-office diagnostic procedures, and more. It also features a complete antimicrobial drug formulary, drug dosage tables, prescribing information, immunization recommendations, and a list of product manufacturers.
• An accompanying CD-ROM provides easy access to an extensive list of references for further research.
• A complete list of acronyms is located on the front cover for quick access to the meanings of all acronyms featured in the book.
• Provides complete and consistent prescribing information in easy-to-use drug dosage tables.
• A comprehensive drug formulary in the appendix provides key information on each drug to help adjust dosages on the basis of clinical and toxicologic data.
• Includes coverage of newly discovered infectious agents of dogs and cats, including diagnosis and treatment considerations.
• Provides the latest information on foot and mouth disease virus infection.
• Contains up-to-date information on Australian bat lyssavirus infection in the Rabies chapter.
• Offers additional information on canine monocytic and granulocytic ehrlichiosis.
• This edition features full-color illustrations and a user-friendly layout.
Dr. Greene is the recipient of the 2005 Mark L. Morris, Sr. Lifetime Achievement Award!
Table of Contents
1. Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral and Rickettsial Infections and Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
2. Antiviral and Immunodulatory Chemotherapy
3. Canine Distemper
4. Infectious Canine Hepatitis and Canine Acidophil Cell Hepatitis
5. Canine Herpesvirus Infection
6. Canine Infectious Tracheobronchitis
7. Nonrespiratory Parainfluenza Virus Infection of Dogs
8. Canine Viral Enteritis
9. Canine Viral Papillomatosis
10. Feline Parvoviral Infections
11. Feline Coronavirus Infections
12. Feline Enteric Infections
13. Feline Leukemia Virus Infection
14. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
15. Feline Adenovirus Infection
16. Feline Respiratory Disease
17. Feline Foamy (Syncytium-Forming) Virus Infection
18. Feline Paramyxovirus Infections
19. Poxvirus Infection
20. Feline Viral Papillomatosis
21. Miscellaneous Viral Infections
22. Rabies and Other Lyssavirus Infections
24. Enterovirus Infections
25. Mumps and Influenza Virus Infections
26. Arthropod-Borne Viral Infections
27. Salmon Poisoning Disease
28. Ehrlichiosis, Neorickettsiosis, Anaplasmosis, and Wolbachia Infection
29. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Murine Typhus-Like Disease, Rickettsialpox,Typhus, and Q Fever
30. Chlamydial Infections
31. Hemotropic Mycoplasmosis (Haemobartonella)
32. Mycoplasmal, Ureaplasmal and L-Form Infections
33. Laboratory Diagnosis of Bacterial Infections
34. Antibacterial Chemotherapy
35. Streptococcal and Other Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
36. Staphylococcal Infections
37. Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
39. Enteric Bacterial Infections
40. Canine Brucellosis
41. Anaerobic Infections
46. Miscellaneous Bacterial Infections
49. Actinomycosis and Nocardiosis
50. Mycobacterial Infections
51. Feline Abscesses
52. Bite Wound Infections
54. Surgical and Traumatic Wound Infections
56. Laboratory Diagnosis of Fungal and Algal Infections
57. Antifungal Chemotherapy
65. Aspergillosis and Penicilliosis
66. Candidiasis, Torulopsosis, and Rhodotorulosis
68. Miscellaneous Fungal Infections
70. Laboratory Diagnosis of Protozoal Infections
71. Antiprotozoal Chemotherapy
78. Enteric Protozoal Infections
80. Toxoplasmosis and Neosporosis
81. Enteric Coccidiosis
82. Cryptosporidiosis and Cyclosporiasis
84. Neurologic Diseases of Suspected Infectious Origin
85. Integumentary Infections
86. Musculoskeletal Infections
87. Cardiovascular Infections
88. Respiratory Infections
89. Gastrointestinal and Intra-Abdominal Infections
90. Hepatobiliary Infections
91. Genitourinary Infections
92. Central Nervous System Infections
93. Ocular Infections
94. Environmental Factors in Infectious Disease
95. Immunodeficiencies and Infectious Diseases
97. Prevention and Management of Infection in Catteries
98. Prevention and Management of Infection in Kennels
99. Immunocompromised People and Pets
100. Immunoprophylaxis and Immunotherapy
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >