Information Technology for the Health Professions / Edition 1by Lillian Burke, Barbara Weill
Pub. Date: 11/16/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
This comprehensive survey of the interconnections of IT and health care is the only up-to-date book that teaches computer literacy AND introduces readers to the uses of information technology in health care and its delivery. Familiarizes readers with the basic vocabulary and concepts necessary to computer literacyincluding discussions of hardware and software, communications and networking, and ethical issues and privacy concerns introduced by the pervasiveness of computers in society. In addition, it discusses how IT is transforming every aspect of health care and its deliveryfrom administrative applications (such as the electronic medical record), to clinical systems involved in direct patient care, to special- purpose applications (such as simulation software used in the education of health care professionals). Section I provides a general introduction to computer literacy and information technology at a level appropriate for health care students. Section II examines the impact of Information Technology on health care specifically in the fields of radiology, telemedicine, surgery, medical devices, pharmacy, and informational resources.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.57(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Information Technology and Computer Literacy.
2. Hardware and Software.
3. Communications and Networking: Connectivity, Telecommunications, and the Internet.
4. Security and Privacy in an Electronic Age.
5. Introduction: Computers in Health Care.
6. Radiology—Digital Imaging.
8. Surgery—The Cutting Edge.
9. Computerized Medical Devices, Assistive Technology, and Prosthetic Devices.
10. Computerized Technology in Pharmacy.
11. Computer Assisted Instruction, Expert Systems, Health Information Online.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >