Infrared and Raman Characteristic Group Frequencies: Tables and Charts / Edition 3by George Socrates
Pub. Date: 03/26/2004
The third edition of this highly successful manual is not only a revised text but has been extended to meet the interpretive needs of Raman users as well as those working in the IR region. The result is a uniquely practical, comprehensive and detailed source for spectral interpretation. Combining in one volume, the correlation charts and tables for spectral… See more details below
The third edition of this highly successful manual is not only a revised text but has been extended to meet the interpretive needs of Raman users as well as those working in the IR region. The result is a uniquely practical, comprehensive and detailed source for spectral interpretation. Combining in one volume, the correlation charts and tables for spectral interpretation for these two complementary techniques, this book will be of great benefit to those using or considering either technique.
In addition to the new Raman coverage the new edition offers:
* new section on macromolecules including synthetic polymers and biomolecules;
* expansion of the section on NIR (near infrared region) to reflect recent growth in this area;
* extended chapter on inorganic compounds including minerals and glasses;
* redrawn and updated charts plus a number of new charts covering data new to this edition.
This new edition will be invaluable in every industrial, university, government and hospital laboratory where infrared (FT-IR) and Raman spectral data need to be analysed.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 11.16(w) x 9.39(h) x 0.84(d)
Table of Contents
List of Charts and Figures.
List of Tables.
2. Alkane Group Residues: C-H Group.
3. Alkenes, Oximes, Imines, Amidines, Azo Compounds: C=C, C=N, N=N Groups.
4. Triple Bond Compounds: -C=C-, -C=N, -N=C, -N=N Groups.
5. Cumulated Double-bond Compounds:X=Y=Z Group.
6. Hydroxyl Group Compounds: O-H Group.
7. Ethers: G1-O-G2 Group.
8. Peroxides and Hydroperoxides: -O-O-Group.
9. Amines, Imines, and Their Hydrohalides.
10. The Carbonyl Group: C=O.
11. Aromatic Compounds.
12. Six-membered Ring Heterocyclic Compounds.
13. Five-membered Ring Heterocyclic Compounds.
14. Organic Nitrogen Compounds.
15. Organic Halogen Compounds.
16. Sulphur and Selenium Compounds.
17. Organic Phosphorus Compounds.
18. Organic Silicon Compounds.
19. Boron Compounds.
20. The Near Infrared Region.
21. Polymers — Macromolecules.
22. Inorganic Compounds and Coordination Complexes.
23. Biological Molecules — Macromolecules.
Appendix: Further Reading.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >