Insects of Stored Grain: A Pocket Reference / Edition 2by David Rees
Pub. Date: 05/28/2007
Publisher: CSIRO Publishing
Each entry contains at least one color photograph
A pocket reference that allows the non-specialist to identify major insect and arachnid pests found in stored cereal grains, grain products and grain legumes. It describes most storage pests found worldwide and provides concise information on the biology, distribution, damage and economic importance of each species.
Each entry contains at least one color photograph. The notes for each species tell the nature of the pest or beneficial and the commodity affected; temperature and humidity conditions at which the species can survive; optimum conditions at which eggs take the shortest time to develop into adults; and maximum population growth rate per month.
This new edition covers twice as many species and includes more detail on distribution, host range and pest status than the previous edition. Short introductory sections on insect biology, principles of control and concepts of pest status evaluation have also been added.
This handy pocket guide is designed to complement the more comprehensive book Insects of Stored Products also by David Rees.
* A unique colour illustrated pocket guide to pests of durable stored food and fiber commodities
* Each species illustrated with concise information on distribution, host range
* In this new updated edition additional species have been added to give it a worldwide coverage
* Additional information also provided in this edition on control, host range, biology, distribution and pest status of covered species
- CSIRO Publishing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 3.30(w) x 5.20(h) x 0.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >