Larry P. Johnson is a native of Chicago, graduate of Northwestern University's School of Speech in Evanston, Illinois, with a Master's in Latin American Studies, from La Universidad de las Americas in Mexico City.
His professional background includes:
* 22 years as a radio and television broadcaster in Mexico City, Chicago and San Antonio. He was the first blind newscaster on Mexican television.
* 28 years as a motivational speaker and workshop presenter - having presented for audiences in Mexico, Japan and the United States.
* 21 years as a Human Resources manager with AT&T Communications.
He makes his home now in San Antonio, TX, enjoys tandem bicycling, bowling and reading. He is the father of 6 children and grandfather of 20.
Also author of:
* "Mexico By Touch: True Life Experiences of a Blind American Deejay," an inspirational account of his adventures and misadventures living and working in Mexico for 17 years and
* "You Can If You Think You Can, Rebound From Adversity and Follow Your Dreams", an easy-to-read guide that offers simple strategies to overcome failure, restore self-esteem and achieve success and happiness in your life.