1. The Big Picture: Ready…
2. Always Be Prepared: …Set…
3. Every Journey Begins with a Single Line: …Go!
4. Alterations Done Here: Modifying.
5. WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get): Viewing.
6. A New Slant on Your ABCs: Text.
7. How Big Was the One That Got Away? Dimensions.
8. Living in a Material World: Hatching.
9. Paperless Society: Plotting.
10. Building a Better Mousetrap: Advanced Creation and Editing.
11. Cloning Dolly and Beyond: Symbol Creation and Application.
12. Virtual Cut and Paste: Advanced Viewing and Plotting.
Appendix A: Put It There! Installing CD-ROM Files.
Appendix B: Taking a Shortcut: Identifying Aliases and Commands.
Appendix C: You Sure Can Pick 'Em: Selecting Objects Options.
Appendix D: Adding Printer/Plotters and Plot Style Tables.
Instant AutoCAD: Essentials Using AutoCAD LT 2002by Stephen J. Ethier, Christine A. Ethier
Pub. Date: 03/28/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This introductory text is part of a series of books designed to take the beginner in AutoCAD® to basic proficiency in record time and with as much fun as possible. With frequent Hands-On sessions to illustrate basic concepts and lots of questions, tests, and exercises, the learner is bound to understand AutoCAD®'s concepts more/sup>/sup>
This introductory text is part of a series of books designed to take the beginner in AutoCAD® to basic proficiency in record time and with as much fun as possible. With frequent Hands-On sessions to illustrate basic concepts and lots of questions, tests, and exercises, the learner is bound to understand AutoCAD®'s concepts more easily than ever before. And, with a conversational tone and many friendly illustrations, even the most reticent will become involved immediately.
The text contains a number of features that make the basic ideas more concrete and clear. These include:
• a list of Key Concepts at the start of each chapter
• an In a Nutshell conclusion for each chapter
• brief Hands-On labs throughout each chapter to reinforce newly learned concepts, making use of an integrated learner-friendly dialog box especially designed for this textbook
• a Testing ...testing...1, 2, 3 section of fill-in-the-blank, true-false, multiple choice, and matching questions at the end of each chapter
• a What? question section at the end of each chapter
• a Let's Get Busy! list of related assignments at the end of each chapter
• a number of Tip boxes to introduce important ideas
• font enlargement of key ideas
• hundreds of drawings, menus, and icons to add clarity
• an appendix section with a listing of all the aliases and commands for AutoCAD LT® 2002
• an accompanying CD-ROM filled with Exercises, Template files, and Symbol files in such areas as Architecture, Machine Design,Electrical, Electronics, Landscape, Piping, and Welding
Table of Contents
1. The Big Picture: Ready…
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews